• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  baby, stay with me ; any
    Sarkis
    i won't be the one to let you go.
    She shakes the past few weeks away from her mind as if she were peeling back a film from her eyes.

She had been locked in time, kept away from her home and her mother and her family for too long. It is only recently – a year? A year and a half? – that she had returned to Nerine, vowing to keep her kingdom safe alongside her queen and her family. A fierce loyalty had risen in her, threatening to choke her and destroy her, and the strength of those ties had frightened her. So she had hidden, like the child she once was, trying to convince herself that all of this is okay.

It has been entirely too long since she has shown her face in her kingdom; six months or more. She has missed the changing of the crowns and Leilan’s departure to rule over the icy territory to the northwest. She has missed her father’s return and her mother’s subsequent fleeing of Nerine. Oh, she has missed so much in those short months, and everything has changed. Though her brother is but a quick swim across the channel and her mother can’t have gone far, Sarkis finds herself alone once more.

She wants so badly to run through race along the beach and explore the cliffs as she once had in her youth, but there is a certain reluctance in her bones as she watches the waves crash below, the wind playing with her mane. She can’t keep doing this; running away when things get rough inside her head is not a solution. She has to be present, for her family’s sake if nothing else. If nothing else, she can honestly say that she is here to stay this time. No more running.

i am still getting a feel for her character so if this is cringe i'm sorry

Messages In This Thread
    baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-04-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-27-2019, 06:24 PM