• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  baby, stay with me ; any

She's got the devil's eyes

It’s terribly easy to allow time to slip away. A fact she understands far too well, especially when one is never aging and too often a silent observer. She has made her mark of course, but for so long now she has vastly preferred the role of watcher. Only now that puzzle pieces have finally begun to click into place has she truly stepped forward into the world. Bringing herself into a role far more visible than any she has held before (at least in this world, in this body).

In a way perhaps, she can understand the desire to run. To hide. And though she had never truly hidden herself away from the world or avoided it’s many tales and secrets, she had fled in the face of her own personal turmoil before. And any who ever claimed they might do otherwise stood on a cracked and trembling ground.

If there is anyone who might understand that the past does not always define the future, it would be her. It’s true, she has seen the same stories told over and over again, but just as often those stories take a surprising turn. It’s why she has never been able to give up this particular foible of hers why. Why she still watches, despite having done so for years.

It’s also how she knows of her return, stealing from the shadows to bring her presence once more into the kingdom in which Heartfire had so recently ascended the throne. She knows her, of course. Sarkis. Her aunt.

She approaches her with an ease born of practice and confidence. She had settled into her own skin a very long time ago, and such a foundation, once accepted, is nearly unshakeable. Especially before one who is family, despite the fact that they had never been what one might consider close. Sarkis may know little enough of her, but Heartfire had always had a habit of keeping an eye on those most closely related to her.

“Sarkis,” she offers by way of greeting as she settles nearby, blue eyes serene, sharply focused. Curiously perusing. “Welcome home.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-04-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-27-2019, 06:24 PM