• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  baby, stay with me ; any
    Most days, most days stay the sole same
    Please stay, for this fear it will not die
    Down low, down amongst the thorn rows
    Weeds grow, through the lilies and the vines

It does not take her long to get acclimated to this northern realm, though the fact that it is the warm season helps plenty. In winter she will surely have to migrate or hibernate, for the winter breeze is not one the spring goddess is equipped to face, unless she sought death. Still, those cold times were months away, so for now, she spent her time exploring Nerine and getting to know the family she had emancipated herself from nearly forty years ago.

What can I say? Teenagers are prone to emotions, even good ones, and they definitely need loads of attention. And besides, now that she could fend for herself, she had no business making her son Daemron's life any more taxing by plaguing him with her unwieldy presence. She could not blame the grown man for his barely-hidden hatred of her, though she uses that word too easily since in truth, their relationship has mended some since she told him the truth. Still, though she sometimes misses listening to Pyxis' bedtime stories and snuggling with their own two trueborn children, she knows that now is a time to reground herself as a grown woman in a teenager's body. It is the least she can do.

Today, as she galivants across the Nerinian landscape with a little army of cliff-dwelling mountain goats frolicking behind her, two new but familiar scents pervade her nostrils. Immediately she sends birds to do her bidding, and grins upon receiving their report that it is her sister Sarkis and her niece Heartfire, gathered in a place not far from whence she now stood. Commanding the alabaster goats to be on their way, the juvenile delinquent sprinted haphazardly through the underbrush, the white-green-red of her coat blurring as she navigated deftly through the trees.

After all, it is easier not to run into them when you can just bid them disappear with but a single whim.

At last, she pulls up next to the two women, huffing mightily and grinning as though she knows the biggest secret. The two women have definitely never met her, and she can't count on her parents for having informed Sarkis as to what her eldest sister might be like; but still, exhilaration courses through her veins at the knowledge that she is meeting more family, a quite changed countenance compared to who she was in her past life.

"And don't forget me!" She bleats obnoxiously, cocking a hip and winking. Then, as though dramatically remembering herself, she looks to Heartfire and swoops down into a full bow, head to knee and butt stuck up in the air and all. When she resurfaces, it is with a flourish of flowers bursting overtop of their heads like fireworks, whose bright colours lazily float down to land carefully on and around the three women.

"Noori," the girl exclaims breathlessly and with an over abundance of pride. "Eldest daughter of Scorch, at your service."

noori

Apparently young noori is flamboyant as fuck.

Messages In This Thread
    baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-04-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-27-2019, 06:24 PM