• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  baby, stay with me ; any
    Sarkis
    i won't be the one to let you go.
    She feels alone, so alone, but the feeling does not last for long. Kingdoms are busy, bustling places and even if Scorch and Leilan have fled to different corners of Beqanna, she still has family here. Heartfire is a devoted member of Nerine and the daughter to her brother Shah, and she is certain that some of her siblings are still around here somewhere. She has such a large family; she hasn’t even met some of her siblings, if she’s being completely honest. Her continual disappearances and the passing of time means that she has missed the world turning over several times – she has missed her brothers and sisters finding love and families of their own, and in turn their families making their own families. She wonders how many nieces and nephews she has, and how many of them she has never met.

It is only a few short minutes before her niece appears, her serene blue eyes washing over Sarkis like the tide. Sarkis relaxes with a smile, one hind hoof tipping as she shifts her weight to a more comfortable stance. “I should never have left,” she tells the other woman, her own hazel eyes drifting back to the cliffside and the sea beyond it. “I just... felt myself getting overwhelmed. I’m back now.” Of course she doesn’t know that she’s speaking to her queen now – and oh, how proud she is going to feel when she finds out – and that things have changed within Nerine. “How has the kingdom fared as of late?”

Before Heartfire can respond, a mare of red and white and green thunders into their presence, and Sarkis lifts her head in surprise as she slides to a halt near them, grinning widely. She looks to Heartfire and drops into a bow, and Sarkis glances at her niece; if she could cock an eyebrow at the woman, she would have. Has Heartfire ascended to the throne in her absence? She doesn’t get a chance to question her yet, though – the other girl rises to her hooves and a burst of flowers explodes over their heads. She can’t help but giggle as the blossoms rain down upon them, landing on her back and in her mane. How delightful!

Then she introduces herself as her eldest sister, and Sarkis’s giggles cut short in surprise. “Eldest daughter of Scorch?” she asks curiously, reaching out to breathe in her sister’s scent. She has heard of Noori, of course, but the two have never met. “No offense, sister, but I would think you’d be older than me.” Maybe Noori was time-locked like her; Sarkis should be a lot older as well, but she isn’t. “I’m Sarkis, by the way. Mom’s told me a lot about you.”

Messages In This Thread
    baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-04-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-27-2019, 06:24 PM