• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  baby, stay with me ; any

She's got the devil's eyes

With a family the size of theirs, it is less surprising than it otherwise might be when one or two appear with little notice. After all, they have scattered themselves throughout Beqanna quite thoroughly, so to have not just one, but two of her aunt’s here today does not catch her surprise her perhaps as much as it should. In a way, it is almost natural, for such a far flung family to come together this haphazard fashion.

Sarkis avoids looking at her as she speaks of her absence, gaze wandering to the crashing waves that stretch beyond the reaching cliff. Heartfire does not glance away, her gaze bright and steady as she watches her aunt quietly, listening curiously.

Just as Sarkis is asking after the kingdom, another bounds up to them. A young girl, willfully spirited and bearing the hallmarks of spring. Even were Heartfire not as well-versed in the art of information as she is, she would have recognized this girl (woman). The eldest of Scorch’s daughter’s and by far the most flamboyant. Which she aptly demonstrates in her arrival, offering Heartfire an exaggerated bow before a wild burst of flowers explodes into life around them, fluttering to the ground in a wash of scent and color.

“Noori,” Heartfire greets her elder dryly, faint amusement tingeing the edges of her voice. “As though we could possibly forget.”

Her gaze tilts briefly towards the more modest of the sister’s as she greets Noori with a much more contained enthusiasm. In a way, it’s odd to be a party to such a meeting. Two sister’s who’d never had chance to meet, one niece who knew both but was nearly as much a stranger to them as they were to each other. The irony of the moment does not escape.

“Well,” she continues smoothly, humoring the moment, “didn’t this turn into quite the family reunion?”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-04-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-04-2019, 12:27 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-04-2019, 06:33 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Sarkis - 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Heartfire - 02-12-2019, 03:48 PM
    RE: baby, stay with me ; any - by Noori - 02-27-2019, 06:24 PM