• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I’ve made the same mistakes, but I won’t this time - a fairy
    The world is changing violently… has done so for a while, she thinks. She had tried to wait it out. The Cove, and Pangea with it, had settled relatively easily, and peacefully. Thus perhaps she had been naive to think other lands might do the same.

But ever since Wolfbane left Loess, the rumours had built up quickly. First, of stealing healers although those in the East still had been relatively safe. Perhaps Litotes had been enough distraction for… Vulgaris.

She sighs. The snake-man had tried so hard to be friendly. What had happened to him to change so much? What became of his daughter now? She’s been quicker to learn diplomacy than her father, that day in Hyaline.

And then… when she had left Magnus back in Tephra, other rumours followed. Litotes stolen because he’d tried to secure a girl from Loess - but as his actions had technically come first he could receive no help from the Sanctuary. Stories of a dragon claiming the Island Resort - she could think of only one.

And most recently that same dragon claiming Loess.

Would all the men in her life succumb to violence, then?

This is why she travels to the mountain, then. Takes a walk upwards, because she doesn’t think they’ll respond well to her flying; it feels a bit like cheating.

And she does what she never thought she ever would in her life. Perhaps - no, surely - she can’t stop all the violence in Beqanna that has erupted since and, probably also before, this Plague. But if the Fae might be so kind, it could be possible to temporarily put a stop to it. Even just a break, in which she could talk to them, make them see what they’re doing - it might be worth it.

”Hi, if you’re out there… Please, can you help me negate their violence? Even for a day? If there’s anything I can do for you in return, just let me know… there must be something good left in this world to fight for.”

Tldr; Ilma would like to quest for Trait Negation so she can shush the angry men (:
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Ilma has rolled a 4 and will receive a quest.
    Though some of the fairies thrive on chaos, Faf agrees with Ilma: she prefers peace. "Make peace for yourself," she tells her, "then perhaps we can help you."

(ooc note: have a thread where Ilma brings peace without magic, either with fighting people or the NPC account, then come back and tell us about it)

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The world is still a chaos when Ilma returns to the Mountain. The Silver Cove and Loess are still struggling, and Castile is not what she had hoped him to be. Not right now anyway.

No, Ilma returns with a far smaller piece of the peace she'd hoped to achieve.

It is weary and with dread that the white, winged mare walks to seek the fairy she met. She can only hope that letting a child grow up with loving parents instead of ones that fight one another constantly, will help the world in some way. Who knows what the boy would have become - actually, she'd had a small inkling of the violence changing him, just as she had about his father. Now, both would not start wars or threaten mares; or at least she thinks so.

"Fairy," she starts - pretty sure that the one she seeks will know that she is here. "I've not brought the peace I wanted in the first place, though perhaps with some more time I will. I can't and won't force them into it, not right now." She shakes her crest, the mane falling into their place again. What she had hoped to achieve, peace between the two kingdoms, she might need some more help with. A ways of stopping them attacking each other, or herself. She already knows she will give up her rule soon. If anything, she'd have to be a neutral party to achieve her longer-term goal. And perhaps the fairy knew that from the start.

"But I wouldn't come here empty-handed. I've settled a smaller dispute, one between expecting parents. I believe the compromise I gave them will benefit their child - not growing up with hatred and violence -, and possibly more lives in Beqanna in the farther future."

Ilma waits. She'll know soon enough if the fairy agrees with her or not, she thinks.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[freaking awesome fairy]
    thread is here http://beqanna.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23657
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    All hail the Queen of the Boards.
    “You seek the wrong trait,” comes a voice. Not the one that greeted her before, but another. It doesn’t truly matter which comes; they are merely different faces of the same entity. They are all Beqanna, and they all know what the others know. They react differently, look different, and embody different pieces of Beqanna, but still, they are all Beqanna.

She laughs then, appearing, no longer drained and dying from the plague. Her coat is stark white, the purple swirls of her body and her tree-like mane and tail glitter and dance in a wind only she can feel. “Do you believe that the source of hatred, mistrust, and misdeed is truly magic? If so…” Well, if so, the mare was a naïve fool indeed. Wysteria simply lets the comment hang in midair though, unconcerned with finished the thought aloud. The mare, hopefully, would be smart enough to figure it out.

”You have done the task given to you though, and as such, will be rewarded with a trait that perhaps will be more useful in your quest for peace.” Magic flows between them, purple swirls that whirl off the faerie’s tiny body in an entirely unnecessary show. The tendrils of magic settle on the mare, sinking in, leaving her with a feeling of peace. The faerie explains no more, simply disappearing to let Ilma figure it out for herself.

Your quest was successful, but your trait has mutated to Peace Induction. Please post in updates.