• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What Is A Man With No Honor |Any|
    Nalia, understandably, was not pleased that the colt did not seem to be taking this problem very seriously. Then again, she could have approached the situation a different way. It was Alcinia's worried scream that surprised her and had Nalia jumping on the defense, obviously on the alert for whatever she had to protect her filly from.

She didn't say anything as the colt walked past her to survey the kingdom before offering a half-hearted apology and explaining why he was here. Nalia's eyes narrowed in irritation as Alcinia moved to stand close to her dam's shoulder, since Nalia had not yet turned her body to face the colt.

"Just as I was foolish enough to assume, you are doing the same," Nalia stated. "You base the whole kingdom's outlook on the fact that I simply came over here to protect my daughter from whatever it was that may have scared or threatened her. You would not make a good first impression by doing so."

Soon, the three were not alone; a rose-spotted filly came to join them, one Nalia recognized as Eurwen, Breckin's heir following Heartfire's rescinding of the throne when the filly reached proper age. Nalia could feel Alcinia stepping out slightly from behind her shoulder to inspect this new arrival, but the filly remained quiet, her watchful eyes gazing over the colt and the older filly.

Eurwen turned her attention to Alcinia next, after telling the colt pretty much what Nalia had said but she must have not heard it before she walked up. She introduced herself to the three-month-old, asking her in a gentle tone why she had screamed.

Nalia turned her body to face the colt to give the filly some of her space back, keeping her hind end within reaching distance in case her daughter wanted a comforting presence. Nalia's next words were again directed to the colt, "I will not apologize for how I acted to protect my daughter, but I will apologize for the... tone, the high-handedness that I demanded you answer. As a diplomat for the kingdom, I will ask, you said you'd like for Nerine to be your home. What would you be interested in contributing to the kingdom should you be permitted to stay? Along with that, would you care to share your name with us?"

Meanwhile, Alcinia was still eyeing Eurwen, not really listening to her dam talking to that bigger horse that scared her earlier. Her eyes were downcast and her left front hoof brushed in front of her right in a nervous, bashful manner, as she answered the heir's question.

"I was... playing, when that... when he," she motioned to the colt, "came out of nowhere. I thought it was just a raven I was chasing, but then... all of a sudden, he turned into a horse! I... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to really scream like that. I didn't know... a power like that could exist... it just happened so fast, I didn't expect it, I got scared..."

@[Eurwen] @[Corban]

Messages In This Thread
    What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-09-2019, 01:48 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Nalia - 02-10-2019, 02:05 AM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-11-2019, 10:07 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Eurwen - 02-12-2019, 01:40 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Nalia - 02-14-2019, 12:39 AM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Corban - 02-14-2019, 11:05 PM
    RE: What Is A Man With No Honor |Any| - by Eurwen - 03-15-2019, 11:45 AM