• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign {Castile/Sinner}
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Mary’s suspicions are laced heavily in her two words, I see. Castile regards her coolly, his eyebrow lifting in nonchalance. ”It isn’t my first time living in Loess,” he comments as an afterthought before the conversation shifts, at his will, to his daughter. Although having missed the first two years of her life, he has since tried making up for it. He has visited and has tried to keep a distant eye on her. She deserves a life, and not one that is overshadowed by her parents. Last he held her was in Hyaline not long after the plague initially swept across Beqanna; nonetheless, it has been a couple years, and it pulls at him to find her again.

With the confirmation that Valdis has found herself among Mary and Sinner, he makes careful note to pay a visit to the familiar forest. It has been since his childhood.

Mary’s statement is a sharp knife that twists in Castile’s gut, but he doesn’t at all flinch to reveal his distaste. He smiles, nodding his head slowly. ”Yes, Solace is a wonderful mother – a feat that not all women achieve.” There’s a responding edge to his voice, but his expression remains forcibly diplomatic given the circumstances. With Sinner’s concluding reassurance, Castile merely snips back with a solid, ”Good. I hope she isn’t too much of a threat to anyone, and that she behaves.” He doesn’t entirely trust them, not yet, but still a humored chuckle rumbles through him at the idea. Valdis is fiery, that much he knows.

But alas, Mary is sure to bring them all back to speed, demanding to know the plans for Loess and this region. A King, Castile reminds himself, but he is not the dictator that his mother once was. He doesn’t need to stretch his strength across multiple lands and hold them unwillingly beneath his thumb. As long as Loess is strong. As long as Loess thrives.

Sinner’s curiosity reaches new heights with the question laid out on the table. They are searching the newest King for answers, needing them in order to decide their own course of action.

”I’d prefer our lands to remain close as they have been, especially with my daughter among your ranks, but I will not tell you how to run your own land,” he begins neutrally, ”Loess continues to hold healers captive, if you need them. I am to bring structure back.” Thoughtfully, Castile looks away with narrowed eyes, imagining the heights of their doubts and their ulterior motives before returning his attention to them as a couple. ”And I plan on holding this throne while helping Loess thrive. I suggest remaining a part of the greatness you agreed to – we can be successful.”

castile

@[Mary] @[Sinner]

Messages In This Thread
    Long May She Reign {Castile/Sinner} - by Mary - 02-09-2019, 06:22 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Castile/Sinner} - by Mary - 02-10-2019, 10:51 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Castile/Sinner} - by Mary - 02-13-2019, 09:55 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Castile/Sinner} - by Castile - 02-24-2019, 09:33 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Castile/Sinner} - by Mary - 03-12-2019, 08:17 AM