• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

PTERON
    Pteron feels a quick burst of relief that he will be able to help the old coyote without having to find an adult. Pride too, that this is something he can do on his own, and he steps closer to the yellow-toothed creature. He flicks his tail toward him helpfully and says with a laugh: "Oh no of course not. Just don't pull too hard; I've been growing this for a long time!"

The blue haired colt misses the way that the coyote sinks into the earth, and even if he had he probably wouldn't have noticed anything amiss. His world is full of strange things, and a coyote that's a little heavier than he looks is no stranger than a coyote that he expects is truly a horse in disguise.

Wyrm tells him that he seems interesting, which pleases Pteron just as it is surely intended too. He smiles - though the coyote will not see it - and starts off toward the nearest spring. Were he flying it would take less than a minute, but the dun colt must pick his way through the scrubby growth of Loess, and chooses a trail with firmer footing for the sake of the dusty creature behind him.

As they make their way closer to the water, he is more than happy to fill the time with a chattering answer to Wyrm.

"They went away on a trip somewhere but I think they will be back soon. They're gonna bring my sister when they do and they're going to come back here, to Loess." Pteron is quite sure of this though he has never been told. "They were the King and Queen here but we lived in Brilliant Pampas to stay safe from the Plague. Now that I'm big enough I came here to wait for them."

@[Wyrm]

Messages In This Thread
    PTERON - by Wyrm - 02-10-2019, 09:05 AM
    RE: PTERON - by Pteron - 02-10-2019, 04:38 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Wyrm - 02-10-2019, 08:00 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Pteron - 02-11-2019, 06:46 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Wyrm - 02-20-2019, 10:30 AM
    RE: PTERON - by Pteron - 02-22-2019, 08:20 AM
    RE: PTERON - by Wyrm - 02-23-2019, 03:47 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Pteron - 02-23-2019, 06:50 PM
    RE: PTERON - by Wyrm - 03-05-2019, 10:48 AM