• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; everli
    He seems to have disturbed the filly somehow, if her expression and slow blinking are any indication. Pteron tilts his head curiously as he waits for an answer, taking the moment to roll his shoulders as they readjust to being whole and having the proper accouterment of attached muscle. While the dun has never fallen from quite that high, it hadn’t been nearly as terrible as he’d anticipated when it began. Like all the toher times, there had been a moment of intense and burning pain, and then: nothing. He is fine, fully healed in the time it takes to fill his reformed lungs twice with air.

‘Are you okay?’ she asks, and Pteron nods, his olive eyes following her movements as she reaches forward to where scraped skin has knit itself together and left only a bit of blood on his pale hair to show it had been there at all. “I’m fine!” he reassures her. “Just a little fall.”

Though the smile she gives him is uncertain, Everli does answer his question, introducing herself and then asking after his adventures up on the rocks. His eyes narrow slightly at the insinuation in Everli’s last question, but his smile doesn’t fade. She is teasing him, he knows, and while it feels strange to hear it from someone other than his father, it isn’t the sort of strange that feels bad. It’s just different.

“I’m actually a really good climber,” the colt tells her, the bravado in his adolescent voice fitting the way he glances up the canyon wall and the proud puff of his narrow chest. “I just lost my balance a little bit. But I got really high up there, so I must be good.”

@[Everli]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; everli - by Pteron - 02-26-2019, 08:31 AM