• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There Are Two Side To Every Story -[Cael/Any]
    The ebony mare seems eager to visit the Cove, and he was more than happy to show her. The Cove was a sanctuary, and her gentle soul was perfect. She claimed Loess as her home, even when questioned she notes she has a bigger dream to chase. Perhaps her gentle soul was just what Loess needed....perhaps it would end up breaking her.

His thoughts are broken when she passes him, there pelts brushing one another. She must have caught his gaze as she is standing in the direction of the Cove. Let's get going, she says, her tone was eager yet playful. She swats him with her tail, glancing back with a smile and he returns with one of his own.

He quickly caught up to her and the pair traveled until they reached the Cove. Crossing through the sandy Pangea until they reached the cool beach sand of the Cove. He scans the horizon, the water from the ocean lapping against the earths ground. 

Welcome to the Cove he states, a smile of pride gleaming off him. Come on, theres so much more I want to show you! He gently nips her shoulder and runs off toward the heart of the Cove.

@[Caelestra]
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Caelestra

It is hard to ignore the hearty scent of the ocean as it bounds near the pair, filling the mare's lung with salty air, a rather pleasant aroma compared to the usual scents that lingered in the fields and in Loess, most definitely a place that she could ease up in, perhaps meet with those who had similar beliefs.

The mare halts silently, her hooves gently sinking into the cool sand that surrounded the blue ocean, she turns to face Clayton as he introduces her to the landscape "It's beautiful" she nods as she looks around, her eyes gleaming with joy as she takes in the wondrous sights.
    Before the mare can speak again the stallion is already running off, wanting to show her more of the Silver Cove, he seemed quite eager and rather proud of the land, something that didn't come as a surprise to her "I'm coming" she laughs as she slowly increases her pace, she mare takes her time as she looks around rather than rushing forward.

It doesn't take the mare too long to join up with Clayton, her body sliding up against his as she smiles at him "What are we going to see now?" she asks, her voice close to him as she speaks in a dulcet tone, her eyes focused on the stallion, quite curious as to where they would be going.
    Caelestra wasn't particularly fond of exploring, more used to finding a particular place and settling down, but a change was sometimes good, just like the way she was trying to implement change in Loess.

@[Clayton]
    As he scans his home with delight he takes a moment to look at Cael. She seems to be similarly pleased with the Cove, as he had hoped. It was truly a beautiful kingdom with plenty of places to discover.

She calls the Cove beautiful and he responds with a shallow nicker. He quickly makes his way through the kingdom, though Cael trails behind. When he finally realizes that perhaps she wants to take in every inch for herself he waits for her. He grew acustom to the Cove, take for granted its natural beauty, but with a new set of eyes she takes her time.

When she meets back up with Clayton she allows her body to brush against his, and he leans into it. A comforting touch, but she asks what they are going to see now. He hadn't thought too hard on it simply because he loved every inch of his home. But as she requests a spot of beauty he will comply.

Come on, I'll show you he says as he tosses his head to the right. His body follows and he casually trots through the Cove, allowing Cael to gaze while doing so. They did not travel too far before coming to a halt, the roar of the watefall overpowering. It's noisy, but it clears your head if you ever need it! He says, his voice louder than normal. His gaze remains on the ebony mare, grasping her opinion of the watefall.

@[Caelestra]

Caelestra

The mare is completely lost in this new wonderland, a magical place that she could indulge in, form peace within herself in order for her to relax.
    The pair soon come across a waterfall, the thunderous sound reaching her ears as they halt near it, filling her brain with a noisy atmosphere.
    It was easy to just focus on the waterfall which demanded attention, but it was just the surface, the mare concentrates on the other smaller details around them, observing the flora and the different species that lurked below.
    The mare brushes up against the stallion, her muzzle feeling its way into his shoulder, her eyes drifting to look toward the water "It's beautiful. I can see why you love it so much" she smiles, affectionately moving with him as she raises her head into the air, observing everything above them as well as below.

The noise of the waterfall calls her back, her head turning back to Clayton "It sure is quite noisy. But I guess it kind of works in reverse" she nods as he soft tone breaks through the crackle of the waterfall "In a way, the noise helps you focus on the minute details, lets you think about the things in a different manner" she smiles with a short laugh.
    She hadn't felt comfortable with another for quite a while now, used to living in solitude with her bear cub, alone and hidden away.

"Tell me more about yourself Clayton. I would love to learn more about your world" she smiles sweetly as she turns to him, the strong breeze moving upward from the waterfall and aiding her in her manoeuvring, her small head tilted gently in a curious manner.

@[Clayton]
    It was crazy to him that some equines would go there whole lives without seeing the running waterfall that he gets to view whenever he pleases. His eyes scan to Cael, he watches her reaction. She seems marveled at the waterfall, almost lost in the serenity it creates.

She moves to brush her muzzle against his shoulder, she admires the beauty of the water aloud. She says that it is nosy and he laughs, it was but in some odd way, all the noise blurs into peace. She spews the thoughts in his own head as if she was reading a monologue, he only smiles as she talks. He nods his head as she falls silent Yes, its funny how something so loud, can create so much peace.

His eyes only drift from the waterfall as she asks to know more about him. He smiles gently, wondering what exactly she wanted to know. He shrugs as his eyes find hers Well... he pauses, deciding which part of his life she'd want to know most. My mother and father are both nomads...well they were when I was born. he says, thinking to his father who now lives in Pampas with a family that is not his mother. when I was only days old they passed me on to be cared for by my sister, who is a bear by the way.

He laughs thinking about the fun he had with his big furry sister, how cool he thought he was walking around with her. His eyes gaze to the scar on his shoulder This isn't from her, its from my ex , he laughs humoring himself, if only it had been that easy. Just kidding on the last past, but yea I spent my whole life in Hyaline, and I moved with my rulers to the Cove when the plague struck. That was a rather good explanation of his life, minus his lovers and drama between them all.

He moves to press his body against hers as a cold wind blows between them. He gently moves his maw, moving a chunk of hair that got misplaced in the wind. Caelestra, tell me about you.....what drew you to Sylva? He asks, his maw leaving her neck with a nuzzle as he settles on her gaze.

@[Caelestra]

Caelestra

Caelestra's eyes still wander toward the waterfall as the male beside her begins to speak, although her eyes are partially distanced from him, her attention is solely his for the moment.
    As asked, the stallion begins to speak about his own life, her eyes finally returning to meet his muzzle as the words softly left his tongue.
    His story sounded a lot wilder than her past, all she could remember was her daughter, that was about it, nothing else really came to her after her long hibernation.

The mare is almost lost in thought as he continues to speak, the mention of bears snapping her back into the conversation "Bears huh?" she smiles humorously, leaning toward him as his body comes close "That sounds like quite an adventure" she adds as she looks away for a moment.
    The stallion asks about her past now, a single ear swivelling toward him quietly. The mare frowned confused for a moment, she wasn't really sure about her past or what had happened to her before her hibernation.
    "Well," she started in the same way that the stallion had done "I'm not really too sure about my past, really" she turns to face him, her head aching to rest upon his neck "I think before the plague struck I was thrown into a deep hibernation, after I woke up I couldn't really remember very much" she heaved gently, expelling the hot mist of air out of her lungs.

The mare continues despite her confusion "I think what brought me to Loess was the lack of hope and the amount of distress mounted into the earth, ya know?" her tongue twisted around in her muzzle as she continued to speak "I wanted to make a difference, help those that are in need of help. But it doesn't really seem like I am succeeding" she frowned for a moment before moving closer toward the male, her body brushing against the soft points of his.

@[Clayton] I AM SO SO SORRY THIS TOOK EONS
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides

His eyes cautiously scan over her, she appears mesmerized by the waterfall. Seeing the flowing beauty in person was incomparable to anything story of one. Capable of sending you in a transe, getting lost in your thoughts.

Though she seems to give him just enough attention to share a brief part of his history. He mentions the bear scar on his neck and her interest seems to peak once again.  She notes his history seems quiet adventurous and a humble laugh parts his maw.

He has certainly had some adventures in life, more than he cares to share. Though he always manages to find the positivity and live in the moment.

He asks for a brief look into her past, but it only seeks to bother her. And when she begins to share the truth of her history he can't help but feel bad for asking. She couldn't remember her past, though the conversation seems to pull them closer together. She rests her head on his neck, and he gently moves his own head to nuzzle her neck.

She continues on to talk about how she was drawn to Loess, wanting to make a change. Though she shares her doubts in succeeding with Clayton. She steps away only to brush her body against his, and he leans into the feeling.

I am so sorry Cael...but I guess you have a blank slate, capable of writing your own story now. He pauses to glance a smile at her, an attempt to share positivity. As for Loess, I am sure that you are doing wonderful things... He pauses, hesitating to finish his thoughts. But the Cove is a sanctuary, your healing could be used for such wonders here. I would love for you to stay...I hope you will stay. His gaze looks to find hers, only hoping she won't reject him.

@[Caelestra]

Caelestra

Caelestra was never one to ponder on her thoughts, she was usually able to quick-fire answer, making decisions in the span of a second.
    Today felt like it may be a lot harder, she was trying to deny her failure in Loess, always hopeful in being able to bring back peace, perhaps her efforts too focused on a lost cause. It was pointless really.

Clayton begins to speak once more with an apologetic tone in the air, her head turns to face him with a warm smile as he talks "You are right in that regard, I guess I should just focus on creating history rather than trying to change it" she winks slyly as she moves back to watch the waterfall, an ear still turned to listen to Clayton.

He is quick to speak about the cove again, her head returning the attention it gave before, listening to his proposition.
    The black mare was so focused on Loess that she failed to see past it, why focus her efforts on a lost cause when she could try to heal those who are in need of it.
    She frowns for a moment before parching her soft lips to exhale "I guess I could, it wouldn't do much harm" she replies to him warmly as she begins to arch a smile again, turning to face him "What do you make of the current situation in the cove at the moment?" she asks, she didn't know very much about the current rulers or what had been decided, but she did know that there was quite a bit of commotion going on.

She looks around herself for a moment before speaking again "I think it's a great opportunity to position yourself as a ruler, or something close to it. What do you think?" she wondered how Clayton would feel about ruling a land, Cael wouldn't mind it at all, perhaps she would even enjoy it.

@[Clayton]
    She seemed to be growing more comfortable, more trusting with Clayton as the moments passed. As she shares her past with him, and he gives his thoughts she seems to actually consider his words. Thanking him, and perhaps seeing a neq perspective on losing her past.

The next topic of there conversation was a more sensitive one. She sees her time in Loess as a failure, but perhaps it was fate that brought her to Clayton. The sanctuary could use all the healers it could get, and she had such a pure heart. She seemed to fit perfectly with the mission, and he can only hope she will accept.

She takes a moment to ponder his question, but when she responds he releases a huff of relief. She agreed to stay, wether it was long term, he wasn't sure.

She continues on, asking about the state of the kingdom, noting it was a good time for him to position himself for a rank. He was humble and loved his home, he never needed a rank, but was always willing to protect. He didn't feel the need to brag about being in training to rule, but when she asks he shares. Yes, well Ilma is doing a fine job of leading. Dawn and myself are actually in training to rule in hopefully a years time. His eyes scan to hers, curious on her reaction.

@[Caelestra]

Caelestra

Clayton seemed quite relieved at her previous answer, perhaps maybe he was even more invested into this than she initially thought. She smiles toward him warmly as she comes close, her body keeping close to the male as she looks back toward the waterfall, watching the gathering of different species below as they all gorge on the plentiful summer grass.
    Her eyes take a moment to wander the landscape, her breath becoming deep and slow as she inhales the sweet scent of the foaming water.

The mare's ears only turn when she hears Clayton speak, her head following his voice. He informs her about Ilma leading for a year and how she was doing well, then leading on to say that he was in training to rule.
    The female's eyes light up with surprise at first, her expression slowly turning into a feeling of joy as she almost wraps herself around him "I'm so happy for you. I think you would make an excellent ruler" she stands with an embarrassed grin, backing away for a moment after having launched herself at him.

The mare turns away once more before speaking "I always envisioned ruling as more of an equal with added responsibilities, ya know? someone there to help when it is needed, to heal when it is needed and to grieve when necessary. It scares me that some rule with just violence, I could never imagine forcing someone to become submissive" the mare feels saddened for a moment, she feels like she is close to remembering something from her past, yet she cannot piece it together "Anyway, I feel like you are going to be amazing at leading the cove, you're perfect for the job" she smiles with a shy grin, placing her head on Clayton's shoulder for a moment as she closes her eyes. She felt very close for once in her life, rather than trying to shy away from strangers and lead a solitary life, dependant on her own bold personality to keep her going.

@[Clayton]