• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There Are Two Side To Every Story -[Cael/Any]

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

I've never been more proud of Clayton, for the way he goes out there, and occasionally succeeds in returning with someone who is here to stay, but it takes me some time to actually join him and his new recruit. Terhi is easily scared, so often hiding herself beneath me, besides me, that I wonder if all she'll ever know is fear. Her hallucinations are nothing like mine, moreso because mine aren't exactly visions, just a feeling I need to be here.

It's with those instincts that I can rule so easily, react quickly; but I know keeping this up will wear me down, and I don't have the luxury of being in two places at once as much as I would like to. As such, I am late for this tour, and slowly urge my daughter towards the waterfall, where the two other horses can be found for another minute or so. When I arrive, they're just about to leave and that is just as well. Clayton explains the situation, that he is in training, and I catch the mare's words when she explains she envisions ruling as being there for the subjects, and that vision is so close to mine I can't help but smile. Eventually, she tells Clayton how good he'll be at ruling, and I agree wholeheartedly. That's why I choose this moment to step up towards them, nod in greeting, and smile at Clay before looking at the bear-healer. "I couldn't have said it better myself, Caelestra." I turn to her and Clayton, I know I'm somewhat interrupting, but as a leader, it's most important to make anyone feel welcome here. Besides, Loess... well, I happen to know the guy ruling it, but I refrain from telling her. "I'm sorry for the interruption. I'm Ilma, this is little Terhi." I introduce myself and the foal rather quickly, focusing back on Clayton. "Now don't go saying you're not perfect for this job, because that's exactly why you are." I know he and Dawn will balance one another out, come time. She may be more eager to talk to the other leaders, but Clayton is just as important in recruiting, and making people feel welcome, and that's exactly why I asked him to step up to lead.

In my opinion, it's those that never wanted to lead who are the best at it. Or at least the best at listening to their people. But to me that's practically the same thing.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Clayton] @[Caelestra] figured it was still an open thread xD
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time
    Clayton
    Every Story Has Two Sides

When he tells her that he is in training to one day rule the Cove she congratulates him, saying he will be a good ruler. He was full of pride, and humbled to one day rule the home he so dearly loves.

She continued on to express her views of a ruler, fearing violence. He gives a nod of acknowledgment, it was nearly spot on with the Coves views.

Before he could respond Ilma approached the pair. She too seems pleased with Caels words and goes on to introduce herself and Terhi. The bay and green stag lowers his head to the foal who is tucked close to her mother. He extends his maw to the filly, only pulling back up when Ilma talks to Clayton.

He did not initially offer himseld up to rule, he was fine being a follower. But when it was mentioned he could not turn it down, he would do anything for the Cove. It was an exciting journey and for now he was taking in everything he could. Thank you Ilma, I hope to be as good a ruler as you and Solace and Kagerus. Under your guidance of course. Ilma will remain the advisor as long as she desires the position, one she has held since before Clayton was born.

His head turns back to Cael, Oh yes, Cael is a healer! I think she will do great things in the Cove. He glances a smile to the mare before flicking his gaze back to Ilma.

@[Caelestra] @[Ilma]
    [Image: clayton_by_cowgirlconrad-dcmmo18.png]

Caelestra

Caelestra tilts her head to the side to greet the new arrival, her smile quickly showing as soon as she saw who had come to visit her and Clayton.
    She nods in agreement as Ilma speaks about what Caelestra had said about ruling, her own lips parting to speak "Greetings Ilma, it is nice to finally meet you" she offers a gently dip in her stature as she greets her formally, her head spinning back around to look toward Clayton.

Caelestra focuses on the smaller horse that seemed to belong to Ilma, tucked away safely. The back mare lowers herself and greets the smaller one with a smile as Clayton speaks to Ilma, turning to face Cael almost immediately after, stating that she would do good in the Cove.
    "I do hope so, I'd like to make myself as useful as I can" she speaks softly, turning to Clayton as she poses a smile, her body now gently resting against his.

@[Clayton] @[Ilma]