• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I may as well ditch my dismay | any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Life is… one might just say ‘life’ and capture all of his thoughts and none. He’s experienced ups and downs moreso perhaps than most, being that from the start, he’s always been restless. But lately that restlessness turned into something else; presumably because he’d locked himself to the icy island for so long.

Now he’s a numb kind of moody, and there seem to only be a few lights in his life left.

What good is it to rule people? They’ll ask for someone strong to stand by them and make the impossible decisions, you might say. And that is true, in fact. That is exactly why he does it.

And it’s exactly why ruling bends the crown-holder down, after being pressed down upon for so long.

And so he tries not to rise above them in the first place; yet in name, most still treat him as such, and in due time, he’ll step down or sideways so that another may take his place. Since it doesn’t feel like his place so much.

That may have something to so with his upbringing. Proving your worth one way or the other. But his children will do better (the ones he can keep close, anyway, he reminds himself of the unconstitutional ones almost daily, though he fails to act - thinking they won’t need him to mess with their lives as Chryseis proved, as Naia did; who simply tried to ignore him because he wasn’t there for her when she was younger, because of the way they met). But at least the twins will do good here, and he’ll try whatever is in his might to prevent Aodhan -and Arctyrus if he can- to prevent the young boys from becoming him. There’s a chance that he may do so, if a slim one; Nerine, after all, is only a mild version of what once was the Amazon Jungle. And children should not be damaged by being told they aren’t good enough to be anything that they want to be - especially not based on a gender difference.

Mary already called it sulking. So now, he takes a breath and steadies himself. Nerine has a lot of people in it that he needs to talk things over with, his mother and daughter not the least of them.

But really, anyone will do, today.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |