• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

burning like a fire gone wild on saturday; Brunhilde

i'm a geyser, feel it bubbling from below
    hear it call, hear it call, hear it call to me, constantly

Oh, how she is like her mother: beautiful, beguiling, curious. Kensa’s wild wanderings and consistent outings have taught Brunhilde a thing or two. Unfortunately for her mother (and Hildy’s naive self), she has turned those lessons into actions a little more sinister. She does wonder if she leaves the sabino woman dizzy, though most of the time she seriously doubts it.

Brunhilde does have a conscience even if she wants most to think she does not - worry for her mother she has spent so much time away from wells in the back of her throat.

Of course she knows of the reunion between her parents, but that gut instinct she so values knows that their mountain is yet to be fully surpassed. Today she is as somber as that thought, taking comfort in her crowd of butterflies instead of singing them to complete ash. For a moment, she is able to distract herself with the soft light she emanates upon the grass of Loess - the beauty is just not enough, though.

Cacti and the bright green of tropical ferns begin to ebb away, losing their growth to the strength of Hyalinian trees. The graceful flame frowns. Her trek from between the lands is much shorter than she imagined, and the scent of her mother is far too strong on the border. Songbirds call and hard dust beneath her hooves scuffs when she comes to a pause, chewing on the inside of her mouth. Once again she is the little child she was when she was firstborn: reckless and ignorant of it all.

“Mom?” she calls, lyrical voice somehow more alluring in its hesitation. The innocence in her eyes is almost heartbreaking. She has no idea where this pain in her chest is coming from, and she thinks she might need a hug.

Gold gleams amongst the shadows of the trees: Kensa is tucked away along the border. Hildy’s brow furrows and her mouth turns down in a similar frown. Slowly, she steps with her signature dancer’s approach, hurt with just a sprinkle of anger.

“Are you spying on me?”

and hear the harmony only when it's harming me
    it's not real, it's not real, it's not real enough

Brunhilde

@[Kensa] i sped up the timeline to after her moving to loess/after kenslie reunion :3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: burning like a fire gone wild on saturday; Brunhilde - by brunhilde - 04-25-2019, 09:05 PM