• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You can't hide from who you are; Magnus, any

She's got the devil's eyes

Though she hadn’t been physically present for his last visit to the northern kingdom, she is well aware of what had occurred during that meeting. It is, in part, why she had chosen to come here sooner rather than later. Regrettably that rather unfortunate encounter had left some… questions.  She hopes their discussion today might help assuage any lingering doubts as to Nerine’s intentions and capabilities.

“I understand your last visit was somewhat… uncomfortable,” she replies easily, her manner forthright as ever. But she wouldn’t let him believe she hadn’t the ability to wrangle her own kingdom. Even if it did happen to involve her more unruly uncle. “It’s unfortunate she wasn’t able to be there that day.” She regards him openly, suspecting he understands the situation quite well. “Khaleesi, yes,” she affirms before adding, “though I have begun to make changes and… simplifying things. Including the retirement that particular title.”

The faintest hint of amusement flashes across her lips as he offers his wry condolences, one brow arching briefly. He could hardly know her nights are rarely filled with sleep as it is however. “I appreciate the warning,” she replies with dry humor before shifting so that she might address him more directly, pressing into the true purpose of her visit today. “I know Nerine has an involved history with Tephra, but I thought we might use today to look towards the future.”

After all, the past cannot be changed, but the future can. And that is where her concern lies.

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You can't hide from who you are; Magnus, any - by Heartfire - 03-11-2019, 12:23 PM