• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

.:Bloodfeather:. (Pteron, Castile)

Expectation and the reality of what's occured since Wolfbane had left couldn’t be farther apart from one another. He’d expected a different sort of reply from his son, and the sweeping cloud of bitter disappointment at the words Vulgaris isn’t leading Loess anymore doesn’t shy away from his expression. For a brief moment Bane’s eyes harden and his ears begin to tilt back, but he’d rather not strike fear into Pteron’s heart. He wasn’t mad at his son, after all. He was incensed at the friend who’d disappointed him beyond words.

Carefully, casually, the elder pegasus schooled his emotions and an exasperated sigh got swallowed down. There’s more to hear anyways, and Pteron is forthcoming about who rules instead. Castile - the dragon - but Wolfbane knows him better as Castile - the uncle - who’d groomed Lepis for a throne that eventually fell on his own shoulders. “How frightening.” He muses gently, replacing a tight-lipped frown with the hint of a boyish smirk. Forming a question, Bane paused and listened instead to the unfamiliar, hitching step of another approaching.

Raising his eyes above the topline of Peron’s folded wings, he took an initial glance at the horse who’d replaced him and for a moment, Bane contemplated the creature approaching them.

There were too many concerns he thought about. Too many conflicting emotions that at first tugged him one way and then the other. He had questions for Pteron but they seemed insignificant now that the object of his curiosity was here to answer them himself. Quiet and contemplative, the winged stallion nodded softly as a reply and only answered after Castile gave his name. “She’s arriving soon with our daughter and unborn in tow.” He’s happy enough to report, glancing aside at his son with eyebrows raised. Yes, unborn his expression seemed to say. Pteron would be a brother again.

The quiet hum of insects and the comforting smell of Loess surrounded the trio, giving Wolfbane strength enough to carry on when he’d rather leave and begin hunting for Vulgaris. Instead he inhaled and steeled himself with resolve, preferring to set an example for his eldest child. There were many things Bane could be: childish and impulsive to name a few, but he’d watched his own mentor go off the rails enough times to never want the same for his brood. Castile wasn’t deserving of his anger. “I want to thank you foremost, for making Pteron feel at home and giving him a place here in Loess while I was away. I’m indebted to you, more or less.” He grins.

“But I can’t help feeling confused… how did you end up in charge, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Refugee of Loess : Member of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Pteron] @[Castile]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    .:Bloodfeather:. (Pteron, Castile) - by Wolfbane - 03-05-2019, 05:10 PM
    RE: .:Bloodfeather:. (Pteron, Castile) - by Wolfbane - 04-07-2019, 06:39 PM