• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and nothing hurts when I’m alone, Heartfire

She's got the devil's eyes

For all the power she can wield at her fingertips, even she is not familiar with every soul that inhabits these lands. Though she has seen many upon many faces in passing, there are those she has not had chance to inventory. Perhaps there is a familiarity in the white mare that interrupts her departure from Tephra, but it is little more than a passing one.

Still, it is these equines that she has always found to be the most interesting. Few realize just how much can be found in the obscure and the forgotten. But that is not a mistake Heartfire has ever made.

At first, she barely spares the woman more than a passing glance. Indeed, had she not approached, she might have continued onward with little more than a thought. But she has discovered that fate seems to have a way of placing those with the most interesting stories in the places she least expects. And she is certainly not one to ignore such things.

Her gaze settles on the pale mare as she approaches, blue eyes sharply assessing as she studies the stranger. Her gait eases briefly before slowing to a halt as the clearly Tephran woman greets her rather plainly. Heartfire, so often plainly spoken herself, can appreciate a woman who speaks so without artifice. And for that alone, she finds her curiosity piqued.

Even if that had not done it however, a swift glance into the woman’s sight would have convinced her to stay. As it is, that brief inspection stirs greater questions, awakening a deep-rooted curiosity that has long been a rather unfortunate foible of the blue and white mare.

Settling her slim figure more easily, Heartfire tilts her head slightly, lips quirking into a barely visible upturn. “You are correct, I am not from Tephra,” she agrees easily, her voice light and even. “I am Heartfire,” she offers then by way of introduction before adding, “From Nerine.”

She considers her for another lengthy moment, pale eyes piercing in their intensity. Finally, almost absently, she continues, “You are a curious woman Ryatah.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and nothing hurts when I’m alone, Heartfire - by Heartfire - 03-07-2019, 04:53 PM