• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sochi;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    ”How fascinating it would be to see their reactions toward me,” he whispers low, punctuating the comment with a gentle chuckle as he envisions the interaction and how fiery it would be. They would object to him again, spat his name into the sand, but he could just as easily burn them and their home. It has frequently crossed his mind – set flame to the place of inbred scum. So what has stopped him? Truthfully, he hoped father would join him in the endeavor, but since then the idea has fallen through the cracks. The stirring dust has settled and, unbeknownst to Castile, there is a new lord of the Island.

All the angst and frustration, although still far within him and easily awakened, has been suppressed with the comfort found within Loess and Sochi.

The adoration borne between them has only intensified with each passing day. He cannot stifle the grin that tilts up the edges of his mouth when she confesses her childhood. It isn’t what she endured, but the simple sentiment that she is telling him. This never would have happened years ago when they first met. Closed up and shielded by a wall of iron, Sochi would never so much as let him dive into her life like he has now. He reaches forward to touch her in this moment, to caress the curve of her jaw and savor what they’ve become. Love comes to mind – it truly does – but he swallows it with reservation, promising himself another day, before feeding her his own life story. ”I was born in Nerine, also, but when Nayl was Queen.” He doesn’t admit that she is his mother – or that she is even quietly living retirement in the caves here – or that he played a lackluster role as prince of a matriarchal herd. ”And I actually spent a lot of time in Hyaline as well when Amet was King. I was sort of being traded since there wasn’t a place for boys in Nerine, but I also tried to live there out of friendship. Things didn’t exactly work out.” A shrug ripples through his shoulders. ”So Nerine is where most of my childhood was spent.”

The coastal kingdom has always – will always – own a sliver of his heart. He loved the salty waves lapping at his legs and its residue laced into his unruly locks. He even tried again to live there, but fate had other plans. ”Rather boring, I know.” He bumps her softly, never letting too much time pass between touches.

castile

@[Sochi]

Messages In This Thread
    Sochi; - by Castile - 03-06-2019, 03:31 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 03-09-2019, 10:22 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by Castile - 04-04-2019, 03:51 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 04-14-2019, 12:41 AM
    RE: Sochi; - by Castile - 04-25-2019, 10:40 AM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 04-29-2019, 11:44 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by Castile - 05-04-2019, 05:08 PM
    RE: Sochi; - by sochi - 05-05-2019, 11:35 PM