• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Star Light, Star Bright [Any]
    [style] .Oracle_cont { position: relative; z-index: 1; background-color: #0f0f1b; width: 500px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 15px 1px #aaa; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; border: double #db8b66;} .Oracle_cont p { margin: 0; } .Oracle_image { position: relative; z-index: 4; width: 500px; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; } .Oracle_text { position: relative; z-index: 6; width: 400px; } .Oracle_msg { position: relative; font: 16px 'Amatic SC', serif; text-align: center; color: #db8b66; padding: 30px 10px 10px; } .Oracle_name { position: absolute; z-index: 9; text-align: center; font: 50px 'Allura', cursive; color: #1d1b29; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 95px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #c6c2d5; } [/style]

All I could remember of my venture was the want to be home.  To curl into the safety of my mother's breast and feel the soft touch of my brothers muzzle upon my skin.  I had wanted to warn them of the terrors I had witnessed, but how could I.  No words would escape my lips.  They could not possibly know my deepest fears by just the panic that radiated from my eyes.  They would not know the dangers that lurked outside our safe haven.  But these are childish worries.  Perhaps they did already know...

In a whirlwind of events, my mind was lost to darkness.  I had wandered endlessly in an abyss of confusion. Lost.  I often found myself staring into the skies above, seeking direction and counsel.  The stars remained silently hung out of reach, leaving me to my wanderings.  Occasionally I chose one to follow, the brightest of all, but alas it would disappear with the light of day and I would be alone again.  

After many days, maybe weeks, my body had taken on the reflection of the sky I envied.  No longer would I need to search for the stars, as they clung tightly to my sides.  Often finding my magic in the night, I would sprinkle myself in stardust, watching the twinkling of light illuminate the darkness around me. 

In these weeks after, I had grown substantially.  My unsure stance became poised, each placement of hoof transported me quickly from one destination to the next.  Spending my days leisurely plucking at the sweet grasses, I avoided contact with the many others I had come across.  I was different and so I kept to myself, sneaking along the outer edges of lands, just out of view.  The wide expanse of the meadow lie to my right as I picked my way along the forest's edge.  A falling of silver-lavender forelock draped across the left side of my profile, my right eye was ever vigilant to any activity in the grasses.

If I had been spotted, and another took interest in me, I would be quick to wrap myself in a nearly invisible cloak.  Leaving the stranger to wonder if perhaps I had been a figment of their imagination. In my hiding I would watch them blink in wonder, finding myself longing for companionship but too shy to take the leap.

My curiosity would get the better of me someday, but until then I was content on remaining a shadow.  It wasn't hard with my preferences of living an active nightlife.  Even tonight as the spring airs chills just the slightest, I call on the stars above to comfort me, to kiss my flesh in rays of light. They would satisfy my cravings tonight...

~Kleopatra~
    *a voice within the stars*
    The calls of the animals in the night gave the Meadow an eerie feeling as the lone stallion traversed across the grassy expanse on his way to return to his home kingdom. Aten had ventured out earlier that day to search for horses that could potentially be suitable recruits for the Taiga, not necessarily as a force to protect or to join the band with the silver tongues, but to offer them refuge. That was the picture that Lilitha had set in mind, a free land where there was no ranking system, only horses who wished to live in peace.

Although, in Aten's case, he was fully willing to provide protection to those who needed it, and would be glad to answer the call should the kingdom of Nerine, the one who watched over their land, ask for help from it's followers. He was not one to stand by and watch as others gave their lives to save him. The stallion was fully capable of watching out for himself, and if it meant he could do the same for others, he would gladly do so.

The moon in the night sky cast an etheral glow on the stallion's golden coat, making it shimmer like a single star that had fallen to Earth. The seashells in his mane and tail would clack together every so often, the noise they made echoing into the silence. That was the main reason Aten had slowed his pace down to a walk, to try and stop his... unfortunate blemish from spooking any other horse that may be out here this time of night. For although he knew the cause, others didn't, and he wouldn't give them an unnecessary fright.

His ever watchful eyes would glance back and forth to pick out what he could in the limited darkness before focusing on the path ahead of him once again so he would not lose track of where he was going. At one point, however, he spotted something over to his left, seeing that it appeared to be a horse, but unsure considering it's coat matched the night sky.

Aten was not surprised at the unusual coloring of the horse's coat; he'd seen more outlandish ones before. But something that matched the night sky itself? That was truly something very special. Out of curiosity and a wonder to see something like that up close, Aten shifted his path so he was heading in that direction, not a big change since he was already close enough.

He was a few yards away when he caught the horse's scent on the wind. He couldn't tell whether it was a mare or a stallion from where he was, but by height alone, it seemed the other was on the younger side. Perhaps close to full grown, he was still a good distance away, but definitely younger than Aten himself. He kept his gait light as he approached the other horse, his posture relaxed to avoid sending off a bad vibe as he continued to get closer.

@[Kleopatra]
    [style] .Oracle_cont { position: relative; z-index: 1; background-color: #0f0f1b; width: 500px; box-shadow: 0px 0px 15px 1px #aaa; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; border: double #db8b66;} .Oracle_cont p { margin: 0; } .Oracle_image { position: relative; z-index: 4; width: 500px; border-radius: 0em 0em 20em 20em; } .Oracle_text { position: relative; z-index: 6; width: 400px; } .Oracle_msg { position: relative; font: 16px 'Amatic SC', serif; text-align: center; color: #db8b66; padding: 30px 10px 10px; } .Oracle_name { position: absolute; z-index: 9; text-align: center; font: 50px 'Allura', cursive; color: #1d1b29; padding-top: 20px; padding-left: 95px; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #c6c2d5; } [/style]

A gentle breeze came up from behind me unexpectedly and I snorted, ears twisting back to find if another had been it's cause.  My steps cease and my head tips just the slightest to view a stretch of stagnant darkness trailing me.  My vibrant eyes shift nervously at first, but upon finding myself still alone my heart begins to slow pace.  

Perhaps my focus on what had been just the wind, distracted me enough to not notice the moonlit form steadily approaching from my left.  My view began to leave the empty space behind me, only to latch onto the now too close stallion.  Violet ears fall to my tensed neck as I contemplate hiding within the night.  Seeing as my position was now exposed, hiding seemed cowardice now.  So I watch with white rimmed eyes as the bright figure approaches slowly.  A scent upon the night air unveiled his gender and potential place of residency.  Smelling of fragrant earth tones of a land I have only brimmed once before.  It had an aura about it that was unsettling, little did I know the history under the boughs of redwood.

His pace was even and so I settled just the slightest, a toss of my silver lavender tail my only movement.  The stars of my pelt dim slightly, a testament of my uncertainty.  I had been different as a child; carefree, curious, outgoing.  These attributes had vanished when I found myself unable to communicate properly.  And of course the trauma of what I had witnessed in the land of the deserted.  The resurfacing image causing me to shudder before my thoughts find the stranger once again...

I wasn't a child any longer, nor was I grown.  I was lost someplace in the middle.  Still finding my purpose in life and still unsure of so many things.  My eyes follow his nearing form, waiting for what would come next... 

~Kleopatra~

@[Aten] sry for the wait... i was unsure anyone would respond Smile
    *a voice within the stars*