• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I’ll love you til the sun dies, Ether

Golden eyes watching our every move
    Losing time without the sun or moon

This moment, this breathless span of time, feels more perfect and fragile than anything like this has a right to feel. He knows such moments are not designed to last, but he cannot help but hope that everything they are here and now would never change. That this moment and this feeling could expand into eternity, so that they might never have to leave such a perfect embrace.

It’s foolish, he knows, but he’s not ready to let go of it. Not yet. This is not a time for doubt or worry.

His son’s breath against his skin brings a smile to his lips, eyes glowing with such easy warmth and love. For all that they’ve only known each other but a few minutes, he feels as if he has loved him forever. And perhaps he has. Though he bears the hallmark blue of his lineage, Ether cannot help but see Briseis shining so brightly from their son too.

Lipping gently at the blue curls along his neck, he trails along shoulder and back, inspecting the boy, ensuring every inch is hale and healthy. Perfect. Just like his mother.

Lifting his head, he turns his eyes to Briseis as she responds carefully to his name suggestion. He chuckles softly when she trails off with the qualifying ‘but’. Even he has to admit he could have put more thought into the naming process before now, but truthfully, he had been far more concerned for Briseis. That their son be born whole and healthy is all he might have asked.

Leaning close, he trails a tender touch along her cheek, unable to keep himself from her for longer than a few moments. He muses over the name she had suggested, testing the syllables on his tongue before hiding a smile in the strands of her mane. “I think you have a much better knack for this than I do,” he replies, pressing a light kiss to her neck before dropping his head to their young son where he had just found his legs. “Torryn,” he murmurs over him, trying out the name and rather liking the way it sounds, “what do you think?”

ether

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’ll love you til the sun dies, Ether - by Ether - 04-10-2019, 03:06 PM