• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bury me at makeout creek
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

She is so lonely.

With confidence and beauty returning, Jude finds herself venturing to all of the parts of Tephra she barely spared a glance to in the absence of her family. Xaligha’s scent lingers all over their homeland, offering the tiniest bit of comfort to the pegasus’ slowly returning heart.

What selfishness she once possessed is nearly obliterated.

Do not misunderstand - the pink mare still has her mean streak (it settles in the backs of her eyes and the sharp sway of her hips). If someone were to fill her with that dreadful displeasure from her youth, she would have a sword-tipped tongue for them. And if she simply did not like the look or feeling of another, she would not mind revealing what beautiful disdain she masks behind a lovely smile.

Despite the melancholy that stole every piece of her heart, Jude has found that same supple simper she once carried like a weapon. She passes like a fairy through the yellow and green summer grass of Tephra, drinking in the sulfur air as if she has never taken a breathe before. Lavender eyes sift through her surroundings just as equally as lavender wings rustle against her sides. A slight drop of her head, mouth wrapping around salty grass: movements meant to occupy an eager and energetic mind.

Of course she is lonely. Jude is not the kind to linger in solitude and once she realized she had a voice again - her burlesque legs itched to dance.

The grass now boring, she trots forward as if just the simple stretch of her tendons will draw someone into her web. She weaves amongst the grass, spinning circles and little figure eights (feeling less and less her age). Perhaps someone will notice her silly antics; perhaps they will see her as a madwoman (she probably is), and turn tail. No matter, the slick smile on maw will draw someone in eventually.

i've been blossoming alone over you

lulu feel free to reply with anyone < 3

It has been a long time since Magnus has seen the blush pink woman—or his daughter. Neither has he seen the jungle woman of old and the child created between herself and Jude. As with many things, the turning of the season had allowed the group of them to fade into the shadows of Tephra, and although he has spent many nights worrying about them, he has not been upset with them for finding their peace.

Tephra was not a kingdom of old, and he did not expect them to behave as such.

They were not a herd, but he was content to let its residents live as they see fit—whether that be directly in the light of day or in the nooks and crannies afforded beneath its volcanic guardian.

Still, he cannot deny the spark of joy in him when he catches a glimpse of her familiar hide or when he sees the lovely curves of her face. When he watches her break into a trot, beginning to bend and curve her lithe body to a music all her own, he doesn’t stop the grin that stretches across his handsome face. For a moment he pauses, his mud-stained legs rooted in the lush vegetation of his home, watching her quietly.

But he is not one to be quiet in the shadows for long and he soon launches himself forward. He finds his way to her proximity, drops his head and begins to join her in the dance. The ground beneath him is soft and rich and he digs into it, feeling the joy of movement as he swings his head and pivots on his hocks. He doesn’t say anything to her, but circles and bucks and feels the sweat begin to darken his coat.

Out of the corner of his eye, he catches her gaze and his lip quirks in the corner.

But it is the only greeting he gives.

Instead, he just continues to move and weave around her, enjoying the moment for what it is.

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[peregrine jude] - I love her so much.
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    peregrine jude

The grass absolutely bends to her will as she sways to the music in her head. Though there is not discomfort in her twists and turns, there is a finding of a new way. Jude is a shiny new woman: once pallid fur now gleaming beneath the sun, once hanging head now proudly held high. She feels like herself while simultaneously feeling like someone entirely else.

Her heart sings.

As if the universe knows exactly what she need, Magnus twines himself into her movements. The pegasus laughs, a high melodious sound, as she watches her old friend buck and kick to her rhythm. They dance until the heat drips off of their backs, their only acknowledgement the delighted grins upon their faces. Tephra’s summer sings to them, crooning lyrics matched to the sweet emotion of the moment.

Jude comes to a slow halt, chest heaving with the weight of her exercise. The youthful grin she threw at Magnus years before is pasted gleefully across her face once again. She rushes him suddenly, tugging him into an embrace only old friends would know. The smile she presses into his neck is both brilliant and somber: memories of old and memories to come swirling in her mind.

“Magnus,” she says through that same sad smile, pulling back from their hug to look him in the eyes. “It’s so good to see you again. Somehow you look even more like a Tephran than the day we met!” She pauses, searches his eyes for some hint that he has spoken to their child, but stops with veiled shame. Her tail slaps against her hocks in an attempt to rid herself of the restless energy the emotion fills her with.

“Magnus,” she murmurs again, the question on the tip of her tongue, “what’ve you been up to? Any juicy Beqanna gossip?” She shies at the last minute and settles instead into hesitant curiosity.

@[magnus]

Magnus glows with the summer sun.

It had been a slow change—like the seeping of immortality into his veins. At first, it had been an injection of health, that new flood of strength. It had felt similar to his immortality in that his body felt the same and yet more. He had simply understood it better, knew that his limits had been stretched further. Then it had been the warmth, the way the sun melted into his bones and never left, leaving him with that afternoon afterglow, carrying it within him. And, finally, it had been the faint glow of the fading sun.

It never faded with him though. It merely carried on.

Still, he feels the same and he doesn’t think about how others may not accept it as easily as he had. (A lot easier than the short-lived, ill-fated turn with wings upon his back.) He feels a rush of joy as she twines around him, letting him join into her dance without pausing, without missing a beat. He doesn’t pause or question it but instead just continues the rhythm with her, slipping into the tide of her easily.

When they finally do slow, he exhales as she rushes into him, as he draws her close. He buries into the curls of her mane, soaking her in before releasing her once more. At her jest, he just grins. How was he to know that one day he would carry the Tephran sun in his chest? But such joy fades slightly at the searching look in her eyes, the one that he cannot answer—the one that he can only meet with failure.

After all, it has been years since he has seen their beautiful daughter.

Years that have weighed heavily on him.

But she doesn’t drag the conversation further down, and he is content to keep it bubbly—for now. He just grins his crooked smile. “I have been busy,” he stretches, rolling his shoulders. “But I’m afraid for all of the juicy gossip simmering around Beqanna, I know little of it. I am dense in such matters.”

Another flash of white against the ink of his muzzle.

“What of you, Jude? Where have you been hiding that pretty face?”

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[peregrine jude]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]
    peregrine jude

Her heart is absolutely overwhelmed. Magnus’ eyes spell out years and years of wisdom and concern, yet she cannot find it within herself to face those memories. It seems that lately her reminders of the girl she once was are daily. A specific recollection always comes to mind: the day her whiskey-voiced friend charmed her honey-tongue into silence, the day Tephra took her breath away. It is much more to her than when Cosmos was conceived or any fleeting moment of parenthood they shared - it is an unequivocal point of creation.

“Magnus,” she sighs on his name, half-hearted smile so sad on her mouth. “I am glad to hear you have been busy - better than miserable.” Jude would be sheepish if she was not a bit prideful; instead, the melancholy is an echoing bell in her gaze. The years of solitude and near-betrayal weigh heavy on her shoulders, though she cannot find it within herself to place the blame on anyone else. Her actions are her own - she must claim responsibility.

“Oh, ya know, my pink blends in with the brilliance of our tropical flowers,” she responds, a tiny glimmer of a grin on her face, “I’m sure ya saw me and just thought I was another bush.” Her laugh is a mild lyric in the air, though she cannot hide the gentle hollowness beneath. For the life of her, she cannot hide it from Magnus, no matter how desperately she wishes she could. He has always been dear to her; he deserves her sincerity.

“Forgive me, darlin’, I just have not been feelin’ like myself these days.” It is a quiet and sudden admittance, an apology she offers for being so on edge with someone she trusts. “I forget, for just minutes at a time, the weight life has delivered me,” her smile is small when she continues, “it was nice to forget a while with you.” Jude cannot repress her next sigh, lavender eyes somber. “Our daughter, Magnus. Cosmos. I haven’t seen her in years.”

@[magnus]