• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bury me at makeout creek

It has been a long time since Magnus has seen the blush pink woman—or his daughter. Neither has he seen the jungle woman of old and the child created between herself and Jude. As with many things, the turning of the season had allowed the group of them to fade into the shadows of Tephra, and although he has spent many nights worrying about them, he has not been upset with them for finding their peace.

Tephra was not a kingdom of old, and he did not expect them to behave as such.

They were not a herd, but he was content to let its residents live as they see fit—whether that be directly in the light of day or in the nooks and crannies afforded beneath its volcanic guardian.

Still, he cannot deny the spark of joy in him when he catches a glimpse of her familiar hide or when he sees the lovely curves of her face. When he watches her break into a trot, beginning to bend and curve her lithe body to a music all her own, he doesn’t stop the grin that stretches across his handsome face. For a moment he pauses, his mud-stained legs rooted in the lush vegetation of his home, watching her quietly.

But he is not one to be quiet in the shadows for long and he soon launches himself forward. He finds his way to her proximity, drops his head and begins to join her in the dance. The ground beneath him is soft and rich and he digs into it, feeling the joy of movement as he swings his head and pivots on his hocks. He doesn’t say anything to her, but circles and bucks and feels the sweat begin to darken his coat.

Out of the corner of his eye, he catches her gaze and his lip quirks in the corner.

But it is the only greeting he gives.

Instead, he just continues to move and weave around her, enjoying the moment for what it is.

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[peregrine jude] - I love her so much.
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    bury me at makeout creek - by peregrine jude - 04-01-2019, 05:23 PM
    RE: bury me at makeout creek - by magnus - 04-14-2019, 06:02 PM
    RE: bury me at makeout creek - by peregrine jude - 04-21-2019, 06:35 PM
    RE: bury me at makeout creek - by magnus - 04-30-2019, 01:24 AM
    RE: bury me at makeout creek - by peregrine jude - 05-11-2019, 10:10 PM