• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

a gleam, a flash • castile & any

His name is growled by an unfamiliar voice, but the stallion's anonymity ends the moment Amet's amber eyes come to rest on the cremello face of Litotes. The dragonhide stallion smiles politely ─ he could be perceived as an intruder, after all ─ though the harshness behind the expression of the former-Primarch does not go unnoticed.

"Your name preceeds you," he responds simply.  Kagerus had, of course, mentioned Litotes but only vaguely. It had been Kensa to tell him all he had needed to know about the cremello stallion, and even her remarks on the matter had skirted the topic as best they could. Nevertheless, he's not here to lay judgement upon the stallion who had once stood beside Kensa. "Yes. He's an old friend." The terse sentence is all he offers to Litotes, his attention turning instead towards the rain-heavy clouds overhead and the rippling of a breeze caused by something other than mother nature.

It doesn't take long for the painted frame of Castile to follow after the sound. Amet turns his amber gaze in the direction of that voice, settling for a moment on the lopsided grin he'd seen a time or two in his youth, before his own lips twist to reciprocate. "Castile. Man, it's good to see you." Too much had happened in his time away from Beqanna. He had learned to live off of uncertainty and scraps of food. Ciri's departure. Finding Eternal. The ice age. His separation from Eione. HIs return to Beqanna.

It's only now that everything seems to be settling back into place, back into the familiarity he had craved his entire time away. It's the comfort behind that familiarity that, perhaps, keeps him from feeling awkward or contemptious in the presence of Castile. Because it doesn't matter anymore; this is his normal. It's hard to feel negativity when he is thankful for so much. "I wanted to introduce myself to Hyaline's neighbors as the new Primarch," he offers with a small chuckle and a shrug of his shoulders, "Well... new old Primarch, I suppose." Castile had been there. He knew.

"But I'm quite pleased I get to skip the introductions here. Tell me how you've been."

─ don't get cut on my edges
    @[Castile], @[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    a gleam, a flash • castile & any - by Amet - 04-03-2019, 01:46 PM
    RE: a gleam, a flash • castile & any - by Amet - 04-21-2019, 12:15 AM