• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Nimue from the sky I will come [ANY]
    Nimue circled just above the dense clouds. The sun was coming up and she liked the way it glimmered beneath her breaking off into a multitude of colors trying to break through the dense but retreating fog from the night prior. She sucked in the cool air floating in this place between the ground and the heavens not quite touched by the warming of the sun. 
    She had traveled to many different worlds over the last couple of years. Lands of plain terrains and plain creatures while others were filled with mystery and they intrigued her. Other lands were on the verge of desolation, where nothing thrived and nothing would remain in a few years time. She had yet to find the land she would call her own. 
    Her wings started to grow tired of keeping her body afloat above the thinning clouds. She dipped her wings forward and started her slow decent towards the ground. As she broke the clouds cover the warm rays of the rising sun broke off of her grey, almost blue, white dappled coat. If the sun reflecting and breaking off through her translucent wings didn't alert anyone below her of her entrance she was sure that her massive shining coat would. 
    She kept her eyes forward as she watched the ground grow closer and closer. The trees lining the water bank were blushing with new summer growth. She pulled up just above the ground, her wings rustling the blades of grass beneath her and the needles amount the trees. Her hooves planting softly in the solid earth, the white feathering of her legs tangling with the swollen greenery beneath her. 
    Nimue pulled her strong wings into her side tucking them against her, transparent in flight but almost icy looking when at rest. She shook out her mane giving a small huff and a whiny. She circled around so she could face the coolness of the water. The sun was up and full force now, almost blinding her as she looked out across the crystal waters. She could see an island in the distance and as she stretched her muzzle towards the floating land she could smell the crisp ice wafting inland. 
    will this land be like all the rest I have seen? she wondered or will I find something to hold me here this time? Her bright blue eyes continued to inspect the glistening horizon. 
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    I sometimes wish I could fly.

I'll swim the ocean between Nerine and the Isle, and pretend I'm not floating in the sea but in the sky. With the seagulls around, that illusion only works temporarily, but the goal today is not pretend I'm floating above some endless ground.

Today, I'm walking between the clouds.

Sure, in summer, most of the mist is gone by midday. But even as a teenager, I retain some of my imagination, and so I happily trot between the forest's trees and bushes, looking bright as ever (I'm pretty clever, sure; but mostly I have some actual ice on me that never melts but reflects the sun). I'm not sure where I'm going today, it could be the meadow or maybe Tephra. There, I can't accidentally burn much, you see.

However, there is someone here. Someone who doesn't smell of Beqanna much, and so I stop to investigate. A deep breath follows, and like the big brother that I am now, I won't be afraid to go greet her. In fact, when I do see her, I grin happily. "Oh hi! You're pretty." I tell her, certain of this fact. Her grey coat and white wings remind me of home, of the rocks and ice and snow.

@[Nimue Isolde]
    Oh hi! You're pretty. came a voice behind Nimue pulling her from the seas horizon. Nimue tossed her head in the direction of the young voice her white mane dancing in the rays, but she noticed quickly that she was not the only things dancing in the sun as her eyes meet those of a young gold spotted colt. 
    She chuckled as she maneuvered her body towards the eager kid. Well thank you, you look pretty dashing yourself. I'm Nimue Isolde but you can call me Nimue. What is your name? 
    Nimue moved closer towards the colt keeping her wings close to her sides as to not alarm him. He had grabbed her attention with his straight forward comment and was curious to know who this bold young man was, as well as where she had landed.  
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Aodhan]

Aodhán
    little fire
    As any typical teenager, I’m still finding out who I am exactly. Sometimes bold, sometimes shy, but I always, always love to make conversation with just about anyone. It’s why I never hesitate to greet them, although sometimes it’s also hard to stay bold when someone just turns and looks you in the eye - it’s the part that comes next, the moment in which the conversation either takes off or dies on your tongue, that determines my reaction too.

The pretty mare is kind to me though. She greets me and returns the compliment, at which point I shyly grin. ”Guess I’m too used to myself enough to notice that much.” I know, deep down, that people think I’m pretty indeed (or handsome, but honestly I don’t care which word is used), and sometimes that makes it easier to talk to them, but some other times as well I have discovered jealousy is a thing. But she doesn’t seem to be jealous.

I tilt my head at her, decide that I like her (spoiler: I like everybody). ”I’m Aodhan,” Aey-yan is what it sounds like, ”I like your name. Do you live here?” I know that’s probably not the case but it surely can’t hurt to be polite. ”I’m from Icicle Isle. Or Nerine, when I feel like it. But maybe I like this place better.” Looking around, I deide that I am quite happy amongst the trees and most of all, I like being without my family watching over me like good-natured mother hawks, but still feeling close to them.

@[Nimue Isolde]
    Nimue was pleased to have meet someone so quickly after landing and was even more pleased that it had been someone who seemed genuinely nice. The young man however pulled on her heart strings bringing her thoughts back for just an instant to the child she had lost herself. Though it had been a daughter that she had lost in birth, she would like to believe that she would have been as kind and pleasant as this young man when she had grown up.
    Nimue gave the teen a small smile Aodhan, little fiery one. Nimue's eyes traveled curiously over the colts frame as she registered the meaning of his namesake. that is a very intriguing name. No, I am not from this land. I have been to many lands Nimue continues as she looks up at the brilliant blue sky some lands much like this one and others not so ... enticing. I can't seem to find one though that can seem to keep me long. Nimue's eyes sparkled with the possibility of this being that place. 
    you say you are from Icicle Isle, am I correct to assume that that is out there she said in a playful tone as she brought her head down and towards the sea her eyes dancing with the reflection of the blue waters  and you say you like this place better than there and Nerine. So what do I call this place? Nimue tilted her head slightly and gave a half grin as she waited for the colts response .... little fiery one... she wondered why or how he received the name Aodhan, he seemed friendly enough was he just ornery, was it his dazzling appearance that prompted his parents to settle on that name or was there a reason behind it?  
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Aodhan]

Aodhán
    little fire
    She seems intrigued by the name, which is something that surprises me a little. Then again, maybe she comes from lands where my mother originated from too; her name seems to be somewhat similar. Breckin however, has told me she has no memories of her previous home.

”Yeah. Papa named me after his sister, Ea.” Ey-ah. ”So she’s the big fire and I’m the little one. And maybe this helped,” I add, and I activate my glowing heat abilities, grinning widely at the mare. ”Seems a fit to me anyway.” Careful not to burn anything, I quickly let go of my fire mimicry ability, reside to normal - if a horse with metallic gold on them could be normal.

She asks about the Isle and I nod. ”Yeah that’s where my dad rules. It’s cold though. Not many people visit for long.” Which is why I don’t like it as much. ”Nerine is better but my sister is the heir, and she used to babysit me. This here is Taiga. Damp enough not to burn anything right away, I think. And approachable.” I grin to her. ”I don’t think anyone would object if you want to live here, Mama said it’s a free land. Though, I guess if you want a kingdom and excitement maybe you should go to the Field. It’s full of recruiters.” I shrug a little - I don’t care about recruiters and recruitment much. But I’m sure that anyone would be lucky to have her. If they don’t see it that way though, maybe it would indeed be better if she stays here with me. After all I do want a lot of people around me to talk to and go on adventures with.

@[Nimue Isolde]
    The appaloosa answered her lingering questions about his name sake as his body glowed with heat, the little fiery one indeed. Nimue gently lifted her wings a few inches away from her barrel just enough to feel the warmth against her sides as she took a cautionary step backwards. She'd be lying to herself if she said she wasn't slightly taken aback. It wasn't common, these sorts of abilities. She was used to physical differences amongst her species, after all she herself had a set of strong, beautiful wings, but powers.. abilities.. however you refer to what this young man was doing it was different. No different wouldn't do, she couldn't think of a word to describe just how fascinating this was for her.. 
    As the glow dissipated Nimue smiled approvingly and shook out her wings along with the rest of her body. She stepped closer to the fiery appaloosa after he explained the Isle and his father along with Nerine and his sister Your father rules, and your sister is heir, what does that make you? Do you get to chose where you call home? I have been searching for a home she says as she scans the trees around them, the tops and the undergrowth seemed to be filled with ecosystems of their own. Excitement.. Do you not think that excitement will come to these parts of the land?
    Nimue came to this land looking for the things she could never have after the loss of her mother and daughter. She wanted to know love, she wanted to have family, she wanted to have friends, she wanted to be successful at something.
    I feel like anyone who befriends you would have enough excitement in their life she gave a small chuckle and gave a small swish of her tail. She angled her body next to Aodhan keeping a respectful distance, tell me if I wanted to find a place filled with excitement but didn't want to deal with recruiters and the pressure of settling on a place right now where would I go? I do very much like the cover of Taiga and the atmosphere along with the company she said giving a playful grin but I feel, after seeing you, that this land has a lot I don't know about. 
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Aodhan]