• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Peahen among Peacocks
    T E R N E

The sounds of water were fading into the background to be replaced gradually with low murmurs from grouped horses and the unhurried thud of hoof fall. Terne moved at a measured pace through dense tooth trimmed grass each mottled grey leg working in tandem with the other while she kept to herself. No one glanced up as she passed. No one called out. In a world of peacocks she was a peahen. The moon was already high in the sky, savoring a few stolen moments with the brilliant sun before they were to be parted once more.

I wish my life was as vibrant as a sky during these exchanges

Terne’s life to this point was a dud. It was never meant to become so stagnant, but somehow over time strong pulses of vigor had, without obvious intent or courtesy of warning slowed. Weakened to a feeble flow of energy through what was now an resemblance of a life. None of it had happened over night. It didn’t even happen as quickly as a day to day transformation. Bits of vitality were lost here. A piece there.

I must make a change. I do not wish to be a specter made flesh.

Dull brown eyes looked left and right and forward and behind. The only way anything would ever change was to break out of the monotony of routine. One sharp turn and the mare headed in a new direction, west. She would head towards the river land and maybe she wouldn’t stop there. Maybe she would travel everywhere to see what she had not before.

Messages In This Thread
    Peahen among Peacocks - by TERNE - 04-07-2019, 08:17 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Pteron - 04-07-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Mary - 04-07-2019, 09:31 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by TERNE - 04-07-2019, 10:23 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Pteron - 04-08-2019, 09:49 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Mary - 04-13-2019, 09:04 AM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by TERNE - 04-21-2019, 10:47 PM
    RE: Peahen among Peacocks - by Pteron - 04-24-2019, 06:50 AM