• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Blinded by your sideways smile and the kindness in your eyes; Castile
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Somehow, he knew she would return. Somehow, he knew to wait for her.

The talons recede into hooves and the scales are replaced by hair. Here, at the lip of the mountain’s cave, Castile is able to shift and embrace his new self in a leisurely manner. Family – including his parents and children – frequent the mouth but wander as they please. He spares each of them a glance when Ilma’s scent catches on the breeze. A jagged smile splits his lips which is met with one similarly by Reia. ”Would you like to join me?” An enthusiastic nod answers his question and together they take flight only to soon land near the border.

Reia lands less gently than her father, her eagerness and brash personality immediately presenting herself the moment she glimpses the outsider. ”What do you want, outsider?” Her canines peek out from between her lips as she edges closer, the blue flames along her crest crackling defensively until Castile presses his mouth to her, unfazed by the fire kissing his skin. ”Settle,” he murmurs into her before raising his head and observing Ilma.

Her frustration simmers underneath her diplomatic expression, and he knows why.
    Suppressing a smug grin is difficult but somehow he manages it as he finally greets her, welcoming some humor between them despite their previous – and current – encounter.

”I’m beginning to think you have a crush on me with all these visits, Ilma.”

castile

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Blinded by your sideways smile and the kindness in your eyes; Castile - by Castile - 04-29-2019, 05:54 PM