• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Bottom of the deep blue sea; any
    Ischia has fallen into a peaceful lull. With the retirement of kelpie king, Isobell succeeds him in a quiet way. She traces the edge of the water line with her small daughter at her side. A pretty child, her long legs are still unsure of movements as the sand proves to be troublesome at times, Isobell stabilizes the filly with the sureness of her muzzle.

The girl, typically black with blue and gold ringlets, brightens unconscious to that of a brilliant fuchsia of a nearby flowering vine. Svana has yet to notice this peculiar trait but Isobell minds it all with a smile. Her daughter also has been born kelpie in her water birth (something Iso does with each babe to ensure their ability) but the girl also wears a pair of dragon wings as a nod to her lineage.

This day on the isle is unremarkable as most as the Khaleesi walks her small child along the beach. She speaks softly, directing her muzzle to various plants and creatures, speaking their names as the child’s skin shifts from fuchsia to violet to buttery yellow.   

(I have to type on my phone because I forgot my laptop...forgive me!)

the Ocean has its silent caves, deep, quiet, and alone;
    though there be fury on the waves, beneath them there is none.

He’s still not sure what he’s doing here, other than a vague notion of staying where his mother put him and trying to connect with his father and that side of the family. And, more of his mother’s side of the family, though since his sister had created two children with his father, he supposes they’re both sides of the family. He’s considered leaving but he really likes the islands, and he’s having a lot of fun in the water with the sea creatures.

What Casimir hasn’t seen is his father, but he’s swum the other way from most of the underwater creatures he encounters. Siblings, most likely, but he’s a half wild creature and he isn’t sure how to interact with them. It’s not a skill Kellyn had taught him – she herself was more than half feral and she’d walked away from her mild intrigue with Ivar when she realized he’d also knocked up her eldest. Still, she wasn’t super maternal either, so she’d weaned Cas and dropped him back off.

He happens upon the black mare and the filly almost on accident and shies a little, skittish and suspicious of them. Wide hazel eyes say ‘scared’, but bared sharp teeth are trying to say ‘scary’. Still, he’s little more than a yearling and so the overall impression is mostly ‘scared’. The little blue roan spins around to face them, pausing, before he speaks in a quiet rumble. “Do you live here? I’m Casimir.”

Casimir

@[Isobell]