• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

And out he came holding his brothers heel; any

Magnus only nods in affirmation to the young boy, pleased by his answer. It was not always easy to be able to put into words what you wanted from life—what you were truly seeking. He had talked to many that were many times this boy’s elder who would not have been able to articulate such things as clearly. He had been in many situations in his life where he would not have been able to do the same.

So he appreciates the boy’s honesty.

“All honorable things to want in a home,” he says, his crooked grin warm. “I can tell you Tephra would be such a place, if you were interested in it. We have an open border where all are welcome—regardless of whether you are seeking to join a caste and work up the ranks or are simply looking for a home.” He pauses for a second, regarding the stallion again. “Although you strike me as a soldier and not a citizen.”

Magnus had been General of enough armies to recognize when another carried within them the want to fight, the need to protect their home. He had been part of enough wars to recognize the hunger in another.

But he doesn’t linger on such things—not now.

Instead, he just chuckles low in his throat. “Well, Tephra won’t be quite as hot, but it’s certainly not cold.” He angles his head toward its direction. “We are a volcanic land on the coast. The weather is warm year round but more temperate than the field. You’ll find that the breeze from the ocean helps too.”

Then again, having grown up in a jungle, perhaps Magnus wasn’t the best judge of weather.

Everything seemed cooler once you had lived out your youth in the Amazon.

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[Jakub]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: And out he came holding his brothers heel; any - by magnus - 04-17-2019, 01:13 AM