• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen../ Any
    As Lethy walked Lepis talked of her traits passed down and her explanation of the magic in Beqanna and she became hopeful that maybe one day she herself would be adorned in beautiful colors paired with a beautiful, if not interesting, mark of her own, whether it be wings, or unnatural beauty. Anything would be better than her rigid, tender pink scar landscaping across her muzzle.

Maybe one day I'll be one of those horses Lethy responded more to herself then to anyone in particular.

As Lepis and Lethy made their way over yet another hill she sensed that they were coming up on their destination. Lethy pulled up short as the Cressent Lakes vastness came into view. Her breath caught in her throat as she marveled in it's beauty. The lake itself reflecting the sun's persistent rays and the sky dappled with clouds above them.

Lethy made her way closer to the banks settling into a comfortable and relaxed state. She stared across the waters marbled top, appreciating all that it had to offer. After a brief moment she broke contact to search for the mare that had lead her here.

"I wouldn't suggest drinking out of it unless you want to be even more thirsty later, but if you are thirsty there are clear springs nearby" Lepis warns her. Lethy nods in appreciation of her words as she turns to take in the lakes reflection once more.

Is this what it's like to fly in the skies? she questions with awe. She was surprised by just how much the stillness of the lake captivates her. Beauty, peace, the unknown beneath the surface, the inability to satisfy a basic need, all residing in one small patch of heaven on earth. The idea of something beautiful but flawed existing in perfect cohesion gave her hope that she could be this one day.

As suddenly as the feeling of tranquility came over Lethy another feeling of sickness and despair took its place briefly. Lethy shut her eyes and tucked her head close to her as the feeling settled and left. The ground below her hooves trembled ever so gently, but held the feelings of something bigger. As soon as it passed she searched the other mare to see if she had felt it to.

Lethy's scar convulsed with a deep throbbing pain as a tickle started in Lethy's lungs making it's way up and out in a series of uncomfortable, uncontrollable coughs. Blood stained her lips, and fell on to the lakes crystal top destroying the cohesion Lethy had just moments early admired, sending ripples across the bank and distorting the skys reflection.

What in the hell just happened? Lethy thought to herself as she searched Lepis' eyes for answers, not knowing if she would have any.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Lepis]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    RE: As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was about to happen../ Any - by Izora Lethia - 04-16-2019, 08:18 PM