• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Dance with me and I'll sing to you; Any

winter wonderland

Ruinam raises his coral-coloured nose into the sky, his brows furrowed as freezing cold droplets of water decorate his roman-like nose with dark grey spots. The large male heaves warm air out of his lungs, moving away from the water source below him, filled with indignation.
    The ivory male moves toward the cover of the trees, autumn leaves gently decorating his body as he weaves through the pool of large timber, his rose-tinted eyes reflecting the dim foreground that now grew cold and slippery.

The stallion arches his neck as he comes to a torpid halt, his inklike mane sliding over his forehead to cover his eyes.
    Tender air now begins to cascade out of the male's nostrils, his frame resembling a frosted dragon, lost in time, his mind isolated for the moment.

His small white companion does not take long to join him, but Ruinam does not react, the stillness of the moment is rather enjoyable, peaceful for once.
    The smaller creature begins to bark as it becomes impatient, a small mouse laying half dead between his paws, the small fox always did like playing with his food.
    The small fox is no more but a riotous distraction, its own naivety now causing it to become drenched, coat draped in cold liquid, a foolish blunder decorating its expression as it runs off with haste.  

Movement returns to the male when the rain becomes torrential, now soaking his once dry body in freezing cold liquid.
    The stallion shivers slightly as he moves his stature into a trot, his muscles breathing once more as he raises his head in reaction to the blitz of thunder above him.
    The blue lights cast a gentle shadow among the trees, dark shapes becoming a lot more prominent as small rays of sunlight battle for territory over the skies.
    Ruinam takes a moment to indulge in the display of lights above him, large streaks of thunder scarring the sky above, only to be smothered by thick grey clouds, hiding the sun away.

He must not dwell in the forest for long though, the separation from his leader will only lead him astray, no commands to following leading him into a desperate state that he cannot escape by himself. 
    The ivory male lets out a violent cough that rings through his entire body as he begins to move once again, now in search of some shelter for the day, his body looking more like a drenched fox than anything else. 

Ruinam
    Hiya
    ruinam-500px
    As she glides across the stark blue autumn sky Nimue can hear the distant sound of thunder. As quickly as she hears the on coming storm, she feels the air beneath her wings shift. Coldness replaces the comfortable coolness that surrounds her and the smell of fresh rain takes over her sense of smell. She can feel the cold air moving in under her wings and adjusts her body accordingly.  

She always loved a good thunderstorm she thinks to herself, the rolling of the thunder and the clash of lighting seeming like music to her ears. No matter how much she appreciated the storms she knew she needed to find land beneath her feet before being swept away.

Nimue glanced at the ground below her filled with heavy trees, those will do to hide me from the worst of the storm she thought to herself as she searched for a clearing to land.

As she searched the rain began to fall harder, unforgiving to anything in it's path. Nimue focused her eyes and ears to the ground, she knew it was possible that she would see others searching for cover like herself amongst the dense foliage. A form of white caught her eye running out and in between trees and bushes, a stark contrast compared to the now wet ground beneath her and the gold and yellow trees glistened by the rain.

She looked ahead in the direction of where the horse was heading and spotted a clearing large enough for her to land and settle. She turned her body towards the patch of naked land and maneuvered her large, powerful wings in the direction she wanted.

Nimue glided to now muddied ground, kicking up mud against her belly and spattering her already dappled body. She kept her wings open long enough to shake the ever present rain and mud from her feathers, mane, and tail. Then proceeded to tuck her wings in tight against her barrell.

She made her way with a soft trot towards the cover of the autumn trees, the rain coming down harder than before. She couldn't make much out between the curtains of rain but saw with pleasure a structure of fallen trees forming a natural cover from the rain. With a smile she made her way inside, turning around to the opening just in time to see the white form advancing in her direction.

Over here, there's shelter over here! she shouted out into the downpour not knowing if her voice would make it to the others ears, but willing to help if she could. A series a small coughs catch in her throat as she croaks out the tail end of her here. The metallic taste of blood coating the inside of her mouth. For the last couple of days shes had this unexplainable cough, now that she thought about it she could feel the blood rushing to her face and the crook of her shoulders swarming with the start of a small fever, not bad enough yet to concern her. It would pass, just like the seasons.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

The white figure's shape begins to dance over the cluster of puddles below him, his legs gently breaking the shallow surface of water that dampened the ground he stood on.
    His small companion returns to him, hiding under hid ivory underbelly, sheltering his fine pelt from the cold rain.

The last thing he would have expected is the voice of another, a broken tune playing behind the sombre pattern of rain as it forcibly collides with the pools of water on the canopy floor.
    The stallion turns his head with a curious tint in his stature, a raised eyebrow pointed in the direction of the dim foliage.
    "Is that so?" a smile softly decorates the ridge of his muzzle, his body now arching toward the strangerly figure as he takes a few steps forward.
    "Would you mind if I joined you?" he asks as he approaches, his body now slightly hidden away from the irritating rain.

His head slowly turns toward the winged stranger, his muzzle gently parching to speak "I am Ruinam, might I ask who you are?" he asks inquisitively, his companion tilting his head as if asking the same question in his own way. 
    As he waits for an answer the stallion begins to view the rain in a different manner, when out of its wrath it appears as quite a pretty sight, a cold array of lights flashing against the dimly lit pools of water as small autumn leaves float across. It most definitely was not the worst weather he had experienced. 

"That is quite the cough you have. It seems like the wretched plague is everywhere now" his expression becomes discomposed as he speaks of the plague, his own body still trying to resist the grasp of the disease as much as it can, although it would have to bend the knee soon anyway.  

Ruinam
    @[Nimue Isolde]
    ruinam-500px
    Nimue gave a slight nod as the stallion who calls himself Ruinam joins her in the alcove, along with another she wasn't expecting. She looks at the mans companion with curiosity but only for a second as her bright blue eyes find those of Ruinam. He had said something about a plague, and her brow furrowed slightly.  

I'm new to Beqanna. I am still discovering all of her uniqueness. What is this.. plague? she asks curiously, a small tone of worry entering her melodic voice.

As she waits for his reply she takes in the stallion and notices with his proximity that the cover from the storm was not as big as it had seemed to be moments earlier. However, she didn't mind she thought as her mouth quirked up in the corner. She peered down at the small fox that seemed to be content to stay tucked away under the man.

She watched as Ruinam took in the storm infront of them My name is Nimue by the way she said as an after thought, and then turning her attention to the rolling thunder and splashes of lighting as well, isn't it beautiful? she said tossing her white waves out of her eyes so she could take it all in, a wide smile of appreciation creeping across her muzzle.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

The white male had almost figured that the mare was not originally from here by the time she had told him, next entering the conversation with curiosity toward the plague, asking of its origin.
    The ivory male squints for a moment as he attempts to conjure an answer "Well, I don't think anyone knows exactly what it is, I sure don't" he shrugs for a moment as a cough rages through his lungs, tearing his voice apart for a moment as he looks toward the torrential rain.
    "I believe there are horses, and uh, faeries. Working on it right now" he raises a brow as he settles comfortably.

Ruinam offers a dip in his frame as she introduces herself to him "It is nice to meet you" he adds as he looks toward her for a moment.
    The female also seems to take in the weather, as beautiful as it was, it most definitely not fun to stand in.
    "It is I guess. As long as I'm not out there, I despise being drenched" he frowns for a moment as his tone changes, the smaller white figure below him howls in agreement, his small voice inferior when challenged by the loud spouts of thunderous arguments outside.

While they watched the weather unfold, Ruinam wondered about what was going on back on the resort, he had only taken over it a few weeks ago and to leave it unattended may not have been the best of ideas, but he could not do anything about it now anyway and so redirects his thoughts toward the closer stranger "So where do you come from if I may ask, what do you seek in Beqanna?" the corner of his pink-tipped muzzle rises in relation to his posed question, his ears now swivelling around to listen to her response.  

Ruinam
    ruinam-500px
    She chuckled as the stallion expressed his distaste of being caught out in the rain, I don't particularly like being stuck in the rain either, but new friends always help make passing the time easier she said flashing him a genuine smile.

I came from a land far from here. I had a life and a family, but all things come to an end one way or another. Nimue replied to Ruinam's question not lingering on the pain of her past but never hiding it. I suppose I am looking for something or someone to occupy my time. Maybe an adventure, or a fleeting moment. I'm not picky. I am still scoping out the lands to see where I best belong she added with another smile.

Nimue peered down at the small fox, Where do you and your friend call home? she asked Ruinam while curiously keeping tabs on the small companion... how odd, that these two seemed joined in ways I don't understand she thought.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Ruinam]

winter wonderland

Ruinam raises an eyebrow toward the mare as she begins to speak again, sharing her distaste in being stuck outside in the rain, the ivory male smiles with a nod in agreement as he peers toward his companion, comfortably positioned beside his legs.
    The mare speaks about her family and managing her time, possibly looking for some sort of adventure.
    Ruinam stays silent as he returns to listening to the pattern of falling rain, slamming against the autumnal platter of discarded leaves.
    The mare asks where the ivory male and his companion is staying, a question posed at just the right time "I have recently taken over the Island Resort" the corner of his muzzle lifts in a smile as he continues "You would be more than welcome to have a look if you like" he nods "It is rather warm there, something my companion has a distaste for, but nothing can be done about it. There are plentiful wildlife and flora, the view is lovely as well" he turns toward the mare continuing with his smile.

The resort was quite silent despite the bountiful amounts of wildlife passing through, he would have to find a few more souls to join him in the quiet home before he could go forward with any plans.  

Ruinam
    Sorry this is painfully short and late! @[Nimue Isolde]
    ruinam-500px
    "The Island Resort, huh? her light blue eyes danced across the white stallion and his small friend, "It sounds like a very nice home. I will definitely keep it at the top of my list of places to visit" she said with a crooked smile.

The rain began to subside as the storm clouds moved fluidly across the sky, moving on to other places. Nimue watched the sky as sunlight began to trickle through the clouds and then penetrate through the forest canopy, moving on is what she did as well. She shifted anxiously in the small cove as the drizzle turned to a light misting and then she stepped out of the covering that she had so closely shared with Ruinam.

She turned back to him her voice ringing with gratitude, "It was really nice to meet you Ruinam, and your small friend. Even if he seems a bit suspicious of me." she gave a small chuckle. "The sky is calling to me, even if I would rather stay her for a bit longer and talk to you some more." A small blush tinted her grey muzzle, dipping her head back towards her wings she pulled a single opal feather that was soon to dislodge anyways. She took a step towards Ruinam closing the distance between them almost entirely, letting her smell of the crisp sky, and sunlight find home in the stallions memory. In the shelter their closeness was unavoidable, but out here where the rain misted forming small beads of shiny water on her face this closeness was entirely self induced. She took the single opal feather and tucked it into his white, weathered mane. "You are a very kind man, and I hope when I come to visit you will remember me." she said sweetly before retreating.

She was never good at waiting to see what would happen after encounters with individuals, a nervousness took over as her sky blue eyes locked with his crimson ones. She turned on her heels and took off towards the same opening she had landed through. When she had enough room she unfurled her wings from her side and took to the air, the Island Resort tucking its name into her mind for her to one day visit.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Ruinam] all good! (: mine was late too haha.