• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Dance with me and I'll sing to you; Any
    As she glides across the stark blue autumn sky Nimue can hear the distant sound of thunder. As quickly as she hears the on coming storm, she feels the air beneath her wings shift. Coldness replaces the comfortable coolness that surrounds her and the smell of fresh rain takes over her sense of smell. She can feel the cold air moving in under her wings and adjusts her body accordingly.  

She always loved a good thunderstorm she thinks to herself, the rolling of the thunder and the clash of lighting seeming like music to her ears. No matter how much she appreciated the storms she knew she needed to find land beneath her feet before being swept away.

Nimue glanced at the ground below her filled with heavy trees, those will do to hide me from the worst of the storm she thought to herself as she searched for a clearing to land.

As she searched the rain began to fall harder, unforgiving to anything in it's path. Nimue focused her eyes and ears to the ground, she knew it was possible that she would see others searching for cover like herself amongst the dense foliage. A form of white caught her eye running out and in between trees and bushes, a stark contrast compared to the now wet ground beneath her and the gold and yellow trees glistened by the rain.

She looked ahead in the direction of where the horse was heading and spotted a clearing large enough for her to land and settle. She turned her body towards the patch of naked land and maneuvered her large, powerful wings in the direction she wanted.

Nimue glided to now muddied ground, kicking up mud against her belly and spattering her already dappled body. She kept her wings open long enough to shake the ever present rain and mud from her feathers, mane, and tail. Then proceeded to tuck her wings in tight against her barrell.

She made her way with a soft trot towards the cover of the autumn trees, the rain coming down harder than before. She couldn't make much out between the curtains of rain but saw with pleasure a structure of fallen trees forming a natural cover from the rain. With a smile she made her way inside, turning around to the opening just in time to see the white form advancing in her direction.

Over here, there's shelter over here! she shouted out into the downpour not knowing if her voice would make it to the others ears, but willing to help if she could. A series a small coughs catch in her throat as she croaks out the tail end of her here. The metallic taste of blood coating the inside of her mouth. For the last couple of days shes had this unexplainable cough, now that she thought about it she could feel the blood rushing to her face and the crook of her shoulders swarming with the start of a small fever, not bad enough yet to concern her. It would pass, just like the seasons.
    Lady of the Lake Sky
    Nimue Isolde

@[Ruinam]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Dance with me and I'll sing to you; Any - by Nimue Isolde - 04-18-2019, 10:15 AM