• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  A challenge to behold; Any!

Vadar

Seven characteristics are in an uncultivated person, and seven in a learned one

Luckily, the bigger male decides to stop altogether, and Vadar’s already gleaming eyes flicker with quiet appreciation. He pulls up to a stop as well, sighing heavily through white lips that are functioning as a half-smile, his broad little chest pumping gently to give him relief from being winded. It’s expected that the strange manipulator would be hesitant, which is what Vadar attributes to the jacked brow of uncertainty and the deadpan tone of his companion. Most, if not all the horses in Beqanna who could wield power, weren’t so obvious about or very forthcoming even if they displayed it openly.

Personally, the pony stallion couldn’t give a shit. His was a singular gift for the user alone, nothing that could be seen like horns or wings, and nothing that could be used for tricks or treats like healing or mind fuckery. It was a battling type of move at the least, but the clown-faced horse himself expected bigger things to come with his unique skills. Breathing life into inanimate objects shouldn’t be used for narrow ideas alone, gods no, it could be used for so much more, which is why he’s out looking for inspiration.

And he finds it in Aziz. “That’s… actually really cool.” Vadar pipes up, “Aziz I’m Vadar - from Pangea now. I uh, well, I think it’s better if I show you.”

And with a short little turn he stares out into the openness of the Field and flicks his ears as if hearing something invisible call out his name. Whispering under his breath, the soil not far from where the two stand breaks open softly and bubbles up. This is not like Aziz’s display; not half as large, but soon it begins to make sense. Crumbles of soft earth shape together to form crude shoulders, trampled grass slithers around the clay to bend itself into willowy arms, and stones like fists gather at the end of those appendages.

A golem has arisen, and it turns to look at them with hollowed out sockets for eyes, waiting for Vadar’s command. “I make little creatures. Or big ones.” He shrugs. “Like you, I haven’t tested my limits. Right now I’m working on making them less blocky, more lifelike.”

The black’s face turns back and up to glance at Aziz, his red eyes wagging as if to say, pretty neat trick, am I right? “You’re from Icicle Isle you say? Never been there myself. I assume ice would work the same though… ” Vadar ponders, turning back to give the dark bay his full attention again. The little creation hobbles over to stand with them. “Have you been to Pangea?”

Info/Ref

@[Aziz] sorry for the wait! If you click on the word 'golem' it'll show you a picture of what Vadar's little creature basically looks like.

Messages In This Thread
    A challenge to behold; Any! - by Aziz - 04-16-2019, 03:53 PM
    RE: A challenge to behold; Any! - by Vadar - 04-17-2019, 04:19 PM
    RE: A challenge to behold; Any! - by Aziz - 04-23-2019, 05:25 PM
    RE: A challenge to behold; Any! - by Vadar - 05-06-2019, 10:02 PM
    RE: A challenge to behold; Any! - by Aziz - 05-08-2019, 06:36 PM
    RE: A challenge to behold; Any! - by Vadar - 05-13-2019, 10:45 PM