• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a gleam, a flash // jah-lilah

And in the dark of the night, Lightning-Crashes was all we could see.

The memory of Jah's whispered words brings a warm, involuntary smile to his face. Masuda is nearly half a year old now and it still he is grinning from ear to ear at the thought of his youngest son ─ his and Jah-Lilah's. It's surreal, this life in Hyaline with his red wytch.

And their child. Lightning-Crashes.

A misty rain falls over the sanctuary territory today; it reminds him of the storm on the night of their son's birth, this time infinitely more tame, and instantly the gilded dragon moves away from the rippling lake to search for his love. The weight of his new wings (dragon-leather and just as gold as the rest of him) sits oddly at his shoulders, but he's sure they will grow more comfortable in time. They are new, after all ─ he'd awoken from an odd dream to their presence.

Just like that, no hint or warning. And he had simply taken it to be an act of the Beqanna fairies. Or a mutation of the plague. But no matter the reason for them, they are a part of him now.

"Come," he purrs when he finally finds his soothsayer, "Ilma can watch Masuda for a little while ─ let's go on an adventure." She had been so understanding of his commitment to Hyaline and of his desire to wake every morning to the scent of wysteria and cherry. But her soul is not the same as his, despite the ease with which they meld together. And it's time now for him to take some time away from his duties to seek the unknown with his love.

To lean into the wanderlust.

And that's exactly what he plans to do.

"I hear there are three territories that didn't exist the last time we were here. Shall we?"

─ don't get cut on my edges
    @[Jah-Lilah] ♥

Jah-Lilah
    blame it on my wild heart
    Everytime I see your face it makes me wanna sing.

Jah-Lilah wasn't sure she had ever felt so whole in all her life. Despite his rather dramatic entrance into the world, her and her mate’s new addition to their ever-growing tribe was just as pleasant and low-maintenance as she could have asked for. Soon he would be weaned, and she was shocked at how fast the time had went. In the blink of an eye he’d be a yearling, and although she knows such is the way of the world, it does nothing to soothe the sorrow she feels when she thinks of him leaving the nest. Oh well, a worry for another day. Each stage of his life will be appreciated and cherished in the moment.

The mare is feeling the exhausting side effects of suckling a growing colt in full force, and in her deep golden slumber she doesn’t even notice her lover’s arrival until he is in her ear. Eyes still shut tight, when his pleasing baritone reaches her ears she can’t help but smile, yawning and stretching her neck with a groan. When her lids part, there he is, nose to nose with her. Her smile changes to a broad grin, and she coos at him, pressing her muzzle to his. Turning to rouse Lightning-Crashes, he is much more eager to begin the day with an exploit. The fiery wytch stands to allow her son to nurse for a moment, ears twisted ‘round as her king reveals his plans for the day.

Changing positions so she may shift her focus to their child, she tries to hide her concerned expression as the Dragon-King suggests they leave the boy with a herdmate. Jah had done so well thus far protecting their golden child from the life-threatening plague that had stricken the world, even though she and her consort both had the disease coursing through their veins. It troubled her to think of placing her youngling in the care of another at such a risky time, but she knows if it is in the Earth-Mother’s plan, she can only delay his infection, not prevent it.

The foal breaks away from her to greet his sire, frothy milk dripping from his chin. He half-rears, attempting to initiate a sparring match with Amet, and Jah can only roll her eyes and chuckle. She reminds herself that she is not in this alone, and her lover would never abandon them as the one before. He has proven on more than one occasion that her trust in him in not misplaced, and again she will respect and rely on his assurance.

Mama’s gotta have a life too, Jah.

At the Dragon-King’s mention of new ground to cover in Beqanna, her head pops up excitedly and she bobs her head. As much as he loved his deeply-planted roots, he was willing to go out in the early hours of the day and wander with her. Cocking her head, she is beaming at him, the love that radiates all around them is so tangible, so real. Stepping into him, she rubs her forehead on the crest of his beautiful scaled neck, maneuvering around his new appendages. She quite likes them, the reptilian wings that appeared so suddenly on his muscular shoulders, and she’s thrilled that he has taken to them so swiftly as well. Tossing her pretty head, she nudges Masuda towards the opening in the foliage that surrounds her makeshift den.

”Well then, how could I resist? Lead the way my love!”  

Everytime I think about your love it drives me crazy.
    i put a spell on you, because you’re mine

@[Amet]