• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One Leader to Another (Heartfire)
    Aten was pleased that Heartfire did not wish to keep him waiting; he was a stallion of business and did not wish to waste time. Turul noticed the mare first, squeezing his right talons lightly over Aten's withers to alert the stallion. He turned his head to the left, easily spotting the gray mare heading in their direction. Turul flapped his wings a moment to help maintain his balance, his eyes trained on the leader of Nerine.

Aten turned his body so he could face the Queen, noticing the ease and confidence in her gait. That put the golden stallion at ease; Heartfire's relaxed appearance made it clear that she wished to talk and not start anything that could turn sour. This proved to be promising as well, for he wished to also discuss potential options for Taiga to help Nerine how it could once the kingdom grew, and possibly vice versa if Taiga was under threat again.

Bowing his head to greet the Queen, Aten's eyes glanced over the mare. He had heard rumors of Heartfire's achievements, but he was not one to idle on gossip. He would like to get to know the Queen better as a friend of course, since they ruled bordering kingdoms, but he would hear the stories from her, not rely on strangers who knew more than he did simply because he was curious.

She was a rather pretty mare, her blue eyes striking against her painted coat. She was shorter than the gold stallion himself, but she carried herself with the practice of a ruler that didn't fear much. Her white markings also stood out clearly against her darker coat, and her frame, though lighter in stature than the stallion's more muscular structure, was strong and he could tell she wouldn't break easily.

Rarely had Aten seen a mare he admired off appearance alone, not necessarily off looks. Yes, she was pretty, but her confidence stood out much more.

Aten's own features softened to make his impressions almost unreadable, but still welcoming, "Well met Heartfire. I am honored to finally officially make your acquaintence," he offered. "I feel you have heard by now that Lilitha has stepped down from her throne in Taiga. She has entrusted me with her legacy to rule in her stead, a responsibility that I do find daunting, but I wish to make her proud.

"You have been a leader longer than I have myself. I not only came to seek your advice on how I can provide the best I can for the kingdom, but also, to offer a proposal. The Taiga, right now, is still not much, as not many live there currently. But when it starts to prosper, I would like to offer our assistance how Taiga can help. Nerine was kind enough to offer help in the past. I'd like to return the favor. For the time being, we would appreciate Nerine's help as well, but that decision is up to you as the ruler.

"Would this be something you are willing to discuss?" Aten finished with an inquisitive look, his eyes still solid and posture calm, but his tone betraying him and hopefully thinking the mare would say yes.

@[Heartfire]

Messages In This Thread
    One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 04-25-2019, 06:49 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 05-11-2019, 08:19 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 06-10-2019, 10:13 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 06-21-2019, 01:42 AM