• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  One Leader to Another (Heartfire)

She's got the devil's eyes

They settle into an easy stride, the blue-laced mare picking her way easily along the windswept, stony planes of her home. She follows a path indiscernible to the naked eye, seemingly random in its nature, though anyone who knew her well enough would understand her actions are rarely random. She is silent as they traverse the simple landscape, her features unreadable and bare, ears tipped the take in each word uttered by her companion.

She makes no move to interrupt his speech, listening to his proposal with quiet consideration. Nothing of what he says surprises her in any way, but then, in the end, there are really only so many ways one can head a kingdom. And with her particular abilities, she had long ago seen them all. His plans are solid however, and she cannot fault him his dreams.

“Protection is always necessary for a kingdom, whether peaceful or not,” she agrees finally, once he has concluded his museful observations. She turns her gaze fully on him then, a faint glimmer of amusement crossing her features, almost indiscernible for it vanishes. “I think you underestimate what you might have to offer an alliance. As far as I am concerned, demonstrating a united from is sufficient for the moment. My only stipulation would be that you come under Nerine’s helm as an independent territory.”

She pauses then, allowing the weight of her request to settle. While she is not inclined to remove their autonomy, she does need some basis by which to offer the full weight of the Northern kingdom to the Taigan ruler. After a moment, she continues, “This means that you or a representative of your kingdom would be entitled to a position in Nerine’s council. Not only would our forces be aligned, but your citizens would be freely welcomed into Nerine, to come and go as they please. I have no interest in war-mongering, as you had likely surmised before you chose to come here. At the moment, I am perfectly happy to.... monitor the current situation. And, as a territory, you would be certain to benefit from whatever information we can glean.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 04-25-2019, 06:49 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 05-11-2019, 08:19 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 06-10-2019, 10:13 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Heartfire - 06-20-2019, 03:39 PM
    RE: One Leader to Another (Heartfire) - by Aten - 06-21-2019, 01:42 AM