• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light; kensa/any
    It had been almost a year since Lethy first took root in Beqanna. Her mind took her to the beginning and of Kensa, she had told her she would visit her in Hyaline in a couple short weeks but never did. She had set out days ago to fulfill that promise, and as she walked across the lands between Loess and Hayaline she thought about all she had accomplished since last she talked to Kensa. 

The cold airs of the incoming winter stung her cheeks as she crested a hill. She closer her eyes briefly, she sucked in the fresh new air. Lethy hadn't made many new friends, she hadn't had exciting adventures. She fought through the plague, a disease that consumed her body. How have the inhabitants of Beqanna lived with such a sickness for so long, magic she had suspected. Just as magic had stopped the plague from consuming the land. The plague had left her almost as quickly has it had found a home with in her body, though she was still bone deep tired all the time. 

She did have something to share with Kensa, she thought as a gentle smile crept to her lips, she could feel the life within her growing and thriving, her barrel swelling lightly under the presence of new life similar to how she had met Kensa. 

As Lethy daydreamed of the man she had met that gave her a second chance at family, and the idea of finally finding a home to raise her child or future children the mountains of Hyaline began to surround her. She had made it, opening her nostrils she looked for Kensa's scent on the border, she was not sure if things were still the same as Kensa had described the last time they had talked. 

Kensa... Lethy called out, her voice seeming stronger than normal. In a way parts of her had changed since finding out that life existed within her. She was still filled with worry and doubt when it came to potential harm, but the courage inside of her to be confident of who she was had grown. This child would need their mom to be all she could be. Her eyes glitter with happiness at the thought, and the smile broadened across her face.  
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Kensa] ugh. Crap starter,  I shouldn't write with a headache.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Kensa hates the winter. At least this winter she is free of plague and rapidly returning to the buxom creature she’d been before the illness had ravaged her body for years. Hyaline provides for them plentifully even as it claws back from the plague years. She is once again rounding with a child, this one conceived in love and fury, a whole thing made between two broken hearts.  Valek, last spring’s colt, interrogates Kensa on the purpose and origin of snow until the mother of four is all but ready to swear off reproducing all together. The still small infant in her belly kicks and wiggles, and the warm feeling that suffused her changes her mind once more.
    “Valek darling, why don’t you go to the Cove and see if there is snow down there?” The boy practically springs to alertness, gives her the clumsiest nudge goodbye and runs off in the direction of the coast… likely to try and tell Dawn all about snow.

Kensa’s attention redirects to the sound of her name being called by a vaguely familiar voice. Brow furrowed lightly the Primarch canters lightly toward the sound. Her expression rapidly melting into happy recognition. “Lethy!” Her silvery voice rings out the moment she recognizes the buckskin mare. “I am so pleased to see you here, I didn’t know…” She trails off, shaking her head, tired of the years of plague and wondering if she would ever see her friends and acquaintances again. Instead she takes a bracing breath, reaching out to greet the other mare with the briefest touch. “Welcome to Hyaline. Tell me how you have been!”

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Izora Lethia]
    Lethy perked up as she watched Kensa move closer. She greeted her briefly in return, I've been good. I met a very interesting filly, she didn't want much to do with me it seemed she had been through quite a bit. I also met a beautiful mare with the most gorgeous wings I've ever seen, not that I have seen many. she said with a chuckle thinking of Lepis and all of her uniqueness. Her expression of wonder faltered slowly as she thought of  the plague that had taken over both of them, leaving them almost immobile. The plague found me quickly but I seem to be on the edge of recovery she said with a small smile, her dark purple iris' seemed to deepen two shade darker with the exhaustion that filled her body and the life that was growing inside of her. I am also expecting a little to be dancing around and tripping me up here soon enough she said with a chuckle as she felt the babe inside of her roll and reposition but then settle just as quickly.

Worry wrapped her mind and a frown creased her muzzle, how tired must her child be if the tired that settled in her bones and muscles was even half as strong for her child. Lethy's attention was pulled from Kensa temporarily but soon found it's way back to her beautiful friend. How the plague must have hit her as well, from what Lethy had gathered it had covered all of Beqanna quickly and then left just as hastily. Leaving it's inhabitants to recover from the impact.

How have you been? she inquired. Lethy moved to stand beside Kensa taking in Hyaline's views she pulled a deep, cool, pool of fresh air into her lungs. The air that settles here seeming to calm the ache of tiredness deep within her momentarily.  
    Lethy

@[Kensa]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Kensa listens with quiet but eager interest as Lethy tells all about her adventures in her new world. She too is always amazed by beautiful wings, and loves getting to know new horses. She is happy Lethy has chosen to make a stop in Hyaline and hopes she will remain a while but will not press her to do so. Kensa only hopes to be a friend and provide a place to land until the buckskin finds the place that speaks to her. Kensa smiles joyfully at learning of Lethy’s pregnancy. “I am so happy for you! You just missed my youngest son, I was carrying him when we last met.” After telling of her adventures and of falling ill with the plague Lethy retreats into herself with a slight frown. The Primarch’s concern flits across her face but she does not have the chance to ask if her companion is alright, she directs the subject to Kensa promptly.

“I have been as well as I could be under the circumstances, the heartaches and joys of a year would take me too long to list. Instead let me take you down to the lake, if it were warmer we could soak our legs and relax a bit but I’m afraid right now it is all but frozen.” With a bob of her head, the sabino leads the way down to the vast clear lake. She would teleport them but it is far too cold to pop out of the lake soaking wet, especially with someone not used to that sort of thing. “Did you visit any places that you particularly enjoyed? I still haven’t visited every land, though it is something I look forward to.”

kensa

@[Izora Lethia]
    Lethy moved to follow Kensa talking as she walked beside her friend, "Oh, I bet he is one handsome devil. she grinned picturing momentarily what her child will look like (she imagined she would have her golden hide and her chocolate markings with her fathers blue mane and tail. A combination of wonder for sure, beautiful.) I did see a salt lake this spring in Loess. It was breath taking for sure, I remember you saying something of beautiful water in Hyaline. I can't wait to see it when winter moves on.

She couldn't wait for winter to pass for many reasons, one of them being she will have her foal to look after and finally be apart of a family. She wouldn't let her baby down. Lethy's coat had thickened along with her growing belly, but the cold still settled in and found home along side the never ending exhaustion.  Hopefully it would pass once she no longer had to carry another.

Your land is very beautiful, even during it's winter months she said taking in their surroundings and turning her attention to Kensa.
    Lethy

@[Kensa]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

“He is that.” Laughs Kensa, thinking of Valek as the two mares stride at a relaxed pace through the snow and across frozen ground. In the distance she can she the bay boy slipping into the wide canyon between two of the mountains on his way to the Cove. “Loess is a place with a very interesting variety of features. I’ve been there myself, once.” Though the circumstances had been undesirable and it is not a memory she reaches for. Instead, as they stop on the lake shore she gazes out over the water with an expression she’s worn many times, part pride, part awe. “It freezes fully sometimes. The first year of the plague I went and stood out there in the middle of it. I didn’t have any children to avoid setting a bad example for back then.” He topaz eyes flick back to Lethy with a laugh. “I’m glad you like it, if you decide you want to stay you are more than welcome to. It would be good to have another friend here.”

kensa

@[Izora Lethia] Sorry it ended up so short. We can close this here if you want and jump forward to after she loses her baby?