• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no gentle word could wake me from this slumber; any
    leliana

I could hear the thunder and see the lightning crack
    and all around the world was waking, I never could go back

She feels her coming before she arrives and does not question just how she does. She just knows it in her bones, some piece of her recognizing the weight and feel of her presence. It is strange to be given all of these pieces of knowledge and no explanation of what to do with it, how to leverage it.

It is strange and disconcerting and yet somehow right.

In Loess, her eyes had burned like magma and the volcanos of her home; it had been fitting, a mark of her rebirth in the fires that raged in her veins. Here, her eyes have cooled to the silver of the stars glittering overhead—but they still glow, that moonlight around her pulsing ever so slightly with her every breath.

She brings her attention back down to the earth, to the woman of gold and ivory and cerulean. She studies her for a moment, taking in the way she warms the air curling around them and how it responds to her, how it seemingly is her—how it simply ebbs and flows in time with her very being.

“Is it strange that I have the answer before I have the question?” Her lips curve upward, but the motion is more of an automatic reflex than any true emotional response. Still, the result is lovely all the same; the beauty that had once been stripped of her, drained from her, has flooded through her once more. She is rich mahogany and curves and lovely—more lovely than she had ever been during her previous life.

“Rae, what leaves you rooted to the earth when your heart is up there?”

The question comes to her lips before she even has time to wrap her mind around it. It is merely there, dripping and hanging in between them, but she doesn’t question that either.

Perhaps she is simply curious to learn everything she can.

Perhaps she wants to know how to remain grounded when everything within her is splintering apart.

[ no more dreaming like a girl so in love with the wrong world ]

@[Rae] <333
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: no gentle word could wake me from this slumber; any - by leliana - 05-03-2019, 01:09 AM