• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  no gentle word could wake me from this slumber; any

Perhaps they were more similar under it all then they appeared. If they truly opened up to one another, you would be able to see the way that their hearts beat in tandem. Leliana had been given a home, but she had effectively been an orphan with her twin. She never knew her mother. Never met her father. They had been born together on the Mountain and then did their best to make a home, to carve out a place to sleep.

Maybe the echo of that hurt is what keeps Leliana here.

Maybe she feels the kinship, the way that they could understand one another, but she does not fully try to untangle it. Instead she falls into the rhythms of the conversation; instead she begins to let herself relax, to feel the ways that they are both alike and similar. She begins to let herself enjoy the moment.

“I know what it is like to be born into a different world on the brink of change,” she says and there is almost a wistful look in her eye. There is almost something that makes her nostalgic for that moment when she woke in the cold with her sister, when she knew nothing but the cold and the wind and the way she had known that the soft nose next to her own had been the only thing she’d need in this world.

Still, she understands how the blade can cut both ways so she just smiles.

“I don’t know if you would ever want to find a home again,” she pauses for a second, her eyes moving up to catch those of Rae’s, “but if you do, then Tephra would always be open to you.”

Her wings shuffle at her side, crimson and ivory feathers glistening.

“You simply need to show up and ask for Leliana.”

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[Rae]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: no gentle word could wake me from this slumber; any - by leliana - 06-11-2019, 10:41 PM