• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  disguise the frailty

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

The fairies spit him out where they know he belongs.

Time is hardly a concept to magic, a fact Litotes finds hard to wrap his mind around. So, when he awakes with a groan upon the dusty earth of Pangea, he is met with confusion. He knows he is Archon and he knows that he has probably died. The dust in his mouth makes his tongue feel like sandpaper.

“Fuck,” he groans, “I need a drink.”

Such language might be funny in the moment, but Beqanna finds him uncouth. Though he has no memory of his passing before his wife, the magic of the world demands he do better - he be absolutely better. Perhaps that disapproval is apparent in the way he stumbles to stand, in the way he could call upon shadows to help him, and yet those powers do not see it fit to show themselves. Litotes grumbles to himself, finding the ache in his joints a cruel reminder of his sacrifice.

To the left is the rock cavern Litotes knows he lives in. Tumbleweeds pass in abundance as he watches the dark gray of the rock. The frown on his face mirrors the twist of the dark clouds above. A quiet sigh deflates his chest. Rain’s scent is on the wind, and he does not feel like reflecting in a downpour. One passing glance to the right is a pause too long: the rain quickly washes the dust from his fur.

There is not a rush to his steps when the cremello approaches the shelter of his rock. He is oddly melancholy and wishing the rain would stop.

Suddenly, the downpour does stop; but, wait, is it not still splattering against the earth before him? Litotes raises his eyes to the sky with a comical uncertainty. “What the . . .” he splutters, then whips his head back down. The shadow that was just above him shoots ahead and dissipates. Only a few seconds pass before he puts the pieces together.

The gold of his eyes settles on the blackness in the deepest corners of his looming home. The begin to creep, the crawl, then rush to ground beneath his feet. Litotes wraps himself in the blackness, leaning into its cold embrace.

This is who I have become.

One more sigh and he steps out of the rain, tossing his nose to direct the shadows to his side. They obey, then slowly morph into the shape of a lion. Litotes grumbles once again, thinking how terribly on brand it is for him to create a lion shadow creature. Two feet away, the billowy figure peers at him with equally as disdainful, yellow eyes. They both step beneath the outcropping: the lion sitting stoically and staring, Lie leaning into the cold rock with a morose closing of his eyes. He thinks he is safe to rest.

The clatter of someone rushing to shelter forces his eyes open with a start. The cutting blue gaze of Starsin causes him to jump.

“Starsin!” he gasps, then, “What the fuck!”

He flicks his tail and the sitting shadow lion rushes at her then disintegrates just before attacking. Lie growls, forcing the lonely thoughts he had into a safe spot in his mind (no doubt Starsin has already seen right through him, though).

“You must really miss me to come visit in this rain.” Lie rolls his eyes at himself and the chaos woman before him. He wraps shadows around the outcropping, keeping any stray droplets from wetting their space.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Starsin] <3

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Pangea was desolate and bare in comparison to the rest of Beqanna. Harsher and even more unforgiving than the terrain in Loess, she finds herself wondering why she was even making this trip. The path was rocky, and the way the wind whistled through the valleys and canyons seemed to be able to chill to her bones. She was irritated by the time she even arrived, with the sharp breeze lifting and spinning her long forelock and tangling through her mane, and again, she was beginning to regret this idea.

She would never admit that she almost missed him. He had been the only constant thing for her in Loess that she actually trusted – besides Ophanim, of course – and now he was gone. How ironic, that they came to know each other on what could have been hostile terms; his attempt to steal her, and then Loess successfully stealing him in retaliation. They should have been enemies, or at the very least, disliked each other. But she had seen potential in him, even from that very first meeting; he was a fitting game piece, and she never had been one to pass up an opportunity.

She isn’t sure when the line between fake and real became so blurred.

When the rain begins to fall, it’s enough to make her swear out loud. It was cold and relentless against her skin, sliding across the glowing stars along her side and plastering her mane against her neck. Her eyes settle on a shelter of rock, and she immediately rushes into a canter, the sound of her hooves clattering on stone the only other thing to be heard amidst the downpour of rain. She nearly collides with the familiar cremello stallion, having been so focused on escaping the rain that she hadn’t been paying close enough attention. He startles her, and the irritation that flashes across her face that accompanies the sudden acceleration of her heart would almost suggest that it was his fault for scaring her even though she had clearly barged into his home. “Don’t ‘what the fuck’ me, why were you hiding?” There is a snap to her voice, which likely loses much of its conviction when paired with her disheveled appearance – her raven mane still tangled and wet, her coat so dark from the rain that it was nearly black, save for the glowing constellations that shone all the brighter.

But her attention tears from his face at the shadow creature that launches towards her, black and intangible but with an illuminated golden stare. She blinks, staring where the creature had dissolved before her, and then looking back at him. “Well, that’s new. How long have you been able to do that?” The adrenaline from being startled had dissipated, and she had smoothed herself back into her usual mild and composed self, as shown by the almost nonchalant smile that she gave him; of course not daring to show that she was actually interested in what he could do – as though she almost is attacked by shadow lions every day.

She gives a roll of her dark blue eyes when he speaks of missing him, along with a short, overly- amused laugh. “You wish. I’m actually here to chop your tail off.” There is a smirk, along with a calculated tilt of her delicate head, reminding him of the way he had made his departure from their meeting with Dawn. She is alongside of him now, steam rolling off her back as her coat begins to dry. The shadows wrap around them, but the vibrancy of her dapples chases the darkness away, and boldly, without even really thinking, her muzzle presses into the arch of his neck, a throaty murmur etched into his skin when she says, “But I know you missed me.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Perhaps it is the glow of her constellations with the contrasting dark of her eyes, perhaps it is her signature simper - Litotes is unsure where he first found himself entwined in whatever web she intends to weave. In the beginning they were nothing more than a couple of assholes irritating each other, but over time it blossomed into a companionship both seemed to shirk off (as is their nature).

Sure, Starsin can comb his mind and extract the pieces need for manipulation - Litotes knows this; yet, she . . . does not? He ponders that for a second, coy smile curling his lips as he realizes she can probably hear that, too. There were their moments, but Starsin dragged him into the culture of Loess and made sure he never turned back. He does not resent her for it; in fact, she merely allowed him to feel exactly as he did: furious, betrayed, and wild. There is a mountain of quips they can toss between each other but the Archon - for just a second - feels grateful that she has come to visit.

“Don’t be such a little shit.” His grin is kind even if the statement is the direct opposite of what he is feeling. He laughs at her question, though quickly finds himself studying the tangled locks of her mane. Any softness that stirs he swallows with an amused growl. “Ever since the fairies dumped me here, uh, ten minutes ago? I can test it out on you.” The teasing smile he offers is just as described - teasing - though a twinkle in his eyes says he will wrap her in them if he so chooses.

“Oh, how I wish Miss Important Advisor Starshit missed me!” he croons, then slaps his tail against the cave wall for effect. “Are you sure you’re not here to get another smack?”

Litotes quiets when Starsin presses closer. His gaze is languid when it turns to study her. The white constellations on her hide make the dimly lit opening just a teeny bit brighter; and yet, her muzzle to his neck still comes as a surprise. Initially, he does not respond to her. The words still burn in his skin, but he stops to think: I did not realize how badly I wanted that.

Starsin’s mane is still damp but silky when he grabs a tuft and tugs. Lie presses his muzzle to the crest of her neck, drinking in the mixture of her scent and the wash of the rain. He lingers there, then moves to the little dip where her jaw meets her nape. He scrapes sharp teeth just barely there against her skin, all while calling the shadows closer.

He stops right next to her mouth and whispers, “Did you see that in my mind, Starsin?” Though he does not press closer, Lie does not scramble his brain to keep her from making sense of it all. Perhaps she will pick through his confusion, or his lust, or his desire; perhaps she will do nothing at all.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Starsin]

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

There had been a tension that vibrated between them since the day they had met. It had started innocently enough, as most of her encounters do. A slinking cat toying with its prey, except in her case, he had been a caged lion — no one could ever accuse her of not being ambitious. It wasn’t often that someone played the game right back to her, but he had. Instead of letting it catch her off guard, she let it fuel her— let it fuel them. True to her nature, she had been unable to resist the promise of entertainment that he always provided; a moth drawn to his alluring flame, even if she hasn’t yet completely figured out why.

“I’m never a little shit, you clearly have me confused with someone else.” She says with a mock scoff and a swift toss of her head,  before letting her eyes look up at the cloak of shadows above. She studies it critically for a moment, and then looks back to the pale stallion — that familiar glint of thoughtful calculation simmering in the depths of her cobalt blue eyes. She was always attracted to other’s powers; things she didn’t have, that she could possibly use, if she could just earn the other’s trust enough. But she blinks, and the look is gone, with only an amused smile left in its wake. “Get back to me when you’re actually good at using it.”

Her only response to his atrocious, and completely unfitting nickname, is to land a chastising nip to his neck, purposely pulling strands of mane with her as she withdraws. “You’re honestly such an asshole sometimes.”

She hadn’t been actively reading his mind; she has gotten fairly good at letting another’s thoughts just be background noise, unless she was searching for something. She had nothing that she was seeking from him right now; nothing beyond whatever internal desire had driven her here. But she is focused on only him when she touches his skin, and with no one else around to distract her that brief thought, that fleeting moment of want in his mind  sounds like an alarm in her own. She becomes incredibly still when his muzzle is on her neck, suddenly hyperaware of the sound of her breathing in the middle of silent shadows that he has pulled closer as his touch travels to her throat.

This was the part where she is suppose to make her move, when she is suppose to take control of the dance and spin it to her liking. For some reason, she doesn’t. Instead, she is quiet and still, with a rushing pulse and nearly trembling skin. The feel of his predatory teeth is what seems to draw her back, and it elicits a soft but sharp gasp and an arch of her slender neck. She can feel his breath against her lips when he whispers, and she moves just the barest of amounts, until they are nearly touching and she murmurs, “I don’t always have to read your mind to know what you’re thinking, Lie.” But she does, and his mind is a tangle of lust and confusion, just like hers. Starsin has always been so good at analyzing every possible outcome of her wicked schemes, but this hadn’t been one of them.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )