• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  disguise the frailty

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

The fairies spit him out where they know he belongs.

Time is hardly a concept to magic, a fact Litotes finds hard to wrap his mind around. So, when he awakes with a groan upon the dusty earth of Pangea, he is met with confusion. He knows he is Archon and he knows that he has probably died. The dust in his mouth makes his tongue feel like sandpaper.

“Fuck,” he groans, “I need a drink.”

Such language might be funny in the moment, but Beqanna finds him uncouth. Though he has no memory of his passing before his wife, the magic of the world demands he do better - he be absolutely better. Perhaps that disapproval is apparent in the way he stumbles to stand, in the way he could call upon shadows to help him, and yet those powers do not see it fit to show themselves. Litotes grumbles to himself, finding the ache in his joints a cruel reminder of his sacrifice.

To the left is the rock cavern Litotes knows he lives in. Tumbleweeds pass in abundance as he watches the dark gray of the rock. The frown on his face mirrors the twist of the dark clouds above. A quiet sigh deflates his chest. Rain’s scent is on the wind, and he does not feel like reflecting in a downpour. One passing glance to the right is a pause too long: the rain quickly washes the dust from his fur.

There is not a rush to his steps when the cremello approaches the shelter of his rock. He is oddly melancholy and wishing the rain would stop.

Suddenly, the downpour does stop; but, wait, is it not still splattering against the earth before him? Litotes raises his eyes to the sky with a comical uncertainty. “What the . . .” he splutters, then whips his head back down. The shadow that was just above him shoots ahead and dissipates. Only a few seconds pass before he puts the pieces together.

The gold of his eyes settles on the blackness in the deepest corners of his looming home. The begin to creep, the crawl, then rush to ground beneath his feet. Litotes wraps himself in the blackness, leaning into its cold embrace.

This is who I have become.

One more sigh and he steps out of the rain, tossing his nose to direct the shadows to his side. They obey, then slowly morph into the shape of a lion. Litotes grumbles once again, thinking how terribly on brand it is for him to create a lion shadow creature. Two feet away, the billowy figure peers at him with equally as disdainful, yellow eyes. They both step beneath the outcropping: the lion sitting stoically and staring, Lie leaning into the cold rock with a morose closing of his eyes. He thinks he is safe to rest.

The clatter of someone rushing to shelter forces his eyes open with a start. The cutting blue gaze of Starsin causes him to jump.

“Starsin!” he gasps, then, “What the fuck!”

He flicks his tail and the sitting shadow lion rushes at her then disintegrates just before attacking. Lie growls, forcing the lonely thoughts he had into a safe spot in his mind (no doubt Starsin has already seen right through him, though).

“You must really miss me to come visit in this rain.” Lie rolls his eyes at himself and the chaos woman before him. He wraps shadows around the outcropping, keeping any stray droplets from wetting their space.

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Starsin] <3

Messages In This Thread
    disguise the frailty - by litotes - 05-02-2019, 01:31 AM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by Starsin - 05-02-2019, 11:51 PM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by litotes - 05-03-2019, 02:11 AM
    RE: disguise the frailty - by Starsin - 05-03-2019, 09:45 PM