• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  There’s a lesson waiting to be learned

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

The pretty mare (spoiled by her scowl) turns away to leave, but she nearly bumps into me. I have to say something. ”Hey, don’t go yet.” It slips my mind without thinking, and now she glares at me. I manage a slightly weak smile in return, and sidestep to talk to the stallion, whose head is lowered to expose his horns to us, and glaring also - but more at her than at me.

Diplomacy has been my only weapon for years. I can do this.

Can I?

Looking from one to the other, I scowl myself. ”You’re making fools of yourselves.” Both of them, they are. As one, they seem to turn against me, and though inwardly I smile because a common enemy can bring people together, I also know that it won’t be enough, won’t last long enough, probably not even until their son is born.

Unperturbed, I continue as if they haven’t just both sided with one another to attack me in stead of the other. ”As far as I understand it, you,” the guy I face, ”want to see your child, and you,” the girl then, “don’t want to face his other mares in a herd.” I smile at them. I don’t know their past, but I can see what their future will be like if nobody steers them back to one another in some way.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There’s a lesson waiting to be learned - by Ilma - 05-05-2019, 05:42 AM