• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the dark light [Mary]
    do you ever wonder...
    ...do you ever dream?

The black and white quickly became overwhelmed as a result of the situation with Mary. Of course, he knew that it only took one time; intercourse just once, in order to result in pregnancy. But, impregnating his beloved lady was not his intended purpose. The early stages were no big deal. He could rest his head over Mary's back and watch Sylva stand as colorful as ever despite the winter cold. Alas, as he watched her barrel grow, so did his anxiety. How could he be a sire when he is barely grown himself? What sort of parent would he be? What advice did he have to offer? On the surface, neither his expression nor his body language betrayed what Velk was feeling. He kept his emotions contained deep within and, far away from the sights of Mary or, any one else.

Velk channeled his increasing nerves into something purposeful. He distracted himself with the task of protecting his lady. Sure, she was perfectly capable of fending for herself but, remaining on guard was the perfect cover for how he felt. He simply could not stare at her belly all day; not without feeling incessantly panic-stricken. He could hardly close his eyelids for more than a few moments let alone sleep. So, he stood on guard all night as well. He never really took a break from his post as her watchman but, Velk made sure to eat or drink throughout the day. And, he made sure to kiss Mary's cheek every morning, when she woke, and every evening, before she drifted off to sleep. He made sure to touch her in other places as well. His whiskered muzzle would trace the curve of her neck and follow the slope of her shoulder. He would then nuzzle her withers, pushing aside the tendrils of her mane, before gently massaging her back with his incisors. Again, all part of his cover.

Time continues as it does and, soon enough, the cold bite of winter yields to the mild, though sometimes damp, days of spring. Spring meant birthing and, the young stallion's nerves grow ever more on fire. Velk took to his post as seriously as ever. He would rather not impose and, figured Mary would seek him when she was ready to introduce him to his baby. Some men might think that they are entitled to be there. He understood Mary may prefer her privacy and, if she did need him, Velk made sure he was always in earshot. The black and white focuses on keeping a watchful eye and sniff on the horizon. His ears do hone in on the surrounding noises, all the while remaining on standby for his lady's call. The days dragged on and, little by little, Velk realized the seasons had changed again. The beauty of Sylva is that her trees never lose their leaves and, the leaves never lose their vibrant hues. The protective canopy that the leaves create also help to stabilize the temperature within the vast woods. So, it is understandable how one might lose track of time. It is to Velk's dismay when snowflakes melt into his eyelashes and, tickle his whiskers.

Velk

@[Mary] I know I said I wanted to finish up our smut thread but, my muse led me here. I hope this works. I did my best to catch-up IC for their timeline.