• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out from the unknown; reposted
    She follows the elegant mare, Ilma towards the sounds of waves crashing and sea birds chanting to one another. Her hooves find their way through the pebbled terrain, and her eyes look to the cove's features illuminated by early moonlight. Her ears swivel as she hears the soft sounds of the other horses going about their lives in this ethereal sanctuary. She watches them go about their business as she enters, a stranger. Nervously, she watches--eyes and hearts open. I hope the others are alright with my being here. She's nervous, but mostly warmed by reaching this destination. Upon learning of this land and its promises, all she could imagine was herself being here, in this moment. She turns to Ilma, who glows as the sky above.

"It's so beautiful here."

---

OOC: Hi, I posted in here a few weeks ago and no one responded. Forgive me, but it's been some time since I've played one of these. Is there a specific method for starting posts in here?
    Stare up at the stars and let your tears fall
    Whisper for a wish that won't come true
    It's a surprisingly humid winters day as Gluttony makes her way daintily across the shores of Silver Cove. Her small tail is curved over her rear as her legs dance elegantly beneath her. The small sounds of her hooves hitting pebble and sand sing lightly through the air. At first glance one might think this was just a sparkly foal enjoying a morning jaunt. Though look closely and you would notice the tiny crabs that dart from her hooves in panicked scurrying. Look even closer and you'll see the small conch shell she is holding between her lips with pride. It was her discovery, her treasure. Nobody could take it from her. Not even the blasted crabs of Silver Cove. She may not live here, but that didn't mean she couldn't occasionally haunt the cove for shells that nobody else was using... Right?

Humming quietly to herself, the small filly continued on her path until finally two others came into view. Her tiny ears prick forward and for a moment a flash of panic forces her delicate eyes to widen. 'They will catch me. They will take my shell.' The thoughts rush through her mind, but within seconds she huffs slightly and puffs out her chest, her strides lengthening as she continues to move forward. 'If I just move right on along infront of them, they won't pay attention to me. They probably will think I live here.' Soon she is passing by the two others and with a slow look out of the corner of her eye she watches them. 'Ignore me. Ignore my shell. My shell. Not yours.' She thinks to herself.
    GLUTTONY

daughter of alexiel and anabel
    palomino tovero hybrid
    fangs, glittering, phasing, eagle shifting
    THANKS FOR THE HTML, VENGE !

@[Niphredil]

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

So much to do in so little time - all I can do is set an example and tell my heirs how my decisions have come to pass. By now, I think, and hope, they have had a good enough impression of what I do and why - shaping bonds all over the world. Being forced to negotiate on the Cove’s behalf with a former leader of it, was not my preferred place in the world, especially when it became very, very clear to me that no matter what I do or say, he will dislike me. For reasons I cannot fully wrap my head around, unfortunately.

But that should not stop me from recruiting, from adding to our numbers. They’ll need me to - I won’t be Queen much longer, and I will not leave them an empty Silver Cove with messed up territories and no allies in the world.

Niphredil is just one of those bodies that I hope in the future, will make a positive impact. For now, she first needs time to grow, I reckon. I can’t help but chuckle lightly at her question. ”It certainly is. I do hope you’ll come to enjoy it’s inhabitants as a family, too.” Beauty, I know, isn’t everything. I might be called beautiful, Litotes as well. And see how different we are.

One approaches us, a foal I do not recognize; but she runs past us with a speed that says she is leaving and doesn’t want to be stopped. I glimpse a vision of her near future in which she indeed has left the Cove, and caresses her shell - so I smile at her and nod. She can go if she wants to, she is no harm to us.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

You did nothing wrong, I have just been in-sane-ly slow. I’ll tag @[Dawn] and @[Clayton] here for you to get their attention as well xD
    Edit: I believe Taz posted an away/hiatus so I don’t expect more gluttony posts unfortunately, hence the small part in which the foal is sent on her way
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time