• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I could really use a wish right now, Ripley

can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars,
    I could really use a wish right now;

Evenstar knew nothing of her older siblings. For her, it was as though her mother was two completely different individuals. There was the Ryatah from before – the one before the reckoning, with the kingdoms of old, and with her other children (but the same lovers). But then there was this Ryatah. The one that had returned, that had been reunited with Evenstar’s father, and they had started what was suppose to be a new chapter. Neither of them – Skellig and Evenstar – had counted on the white mare completely going off script. The young girl had watched silently as her mother spiraled, as new siblings were born every spring (how she smelled like a different man every time, how sometimes those new eyes still couldn’t see, and with a peculiar mark scarred into her hip), but still she said nothing. It was none of her business; even if it broke her father’s heart, and even if it lifted whatever veiled illusions she had held of her mother, she said nothing.

When her eyes pierce through the darkness and find the strange, alien face of something that isn’t quite equine, she feels her heart stop. But she thinks of Gilt – the beautiful boy with the dragon head – and how even though he did not look like the rest of them, he had never brought her any harm. It is that foolish, false hope that keeps her standing still; that almost urges her closer. When the creature emerges from the cloak of darkness, the dim light reflecting off the sheen of her eyes, Evenstar can feel her blood run cold. Her legs twitch with the need to run, but something keeps her rooted to the ground. Something tells her that running would just trigger an attack, but as she stands there trembling, she isn’t sure if it matters much.

“I’m Evenstar,” She offers the creature in her incredibly quiet voice; a voice that she tries to keep from shaking, but she knows she has failed. Everything in her body radiated fear, from the rapid pulse of her heart, to the way her muscles were coiled and tense underneath her jewel-green coat. She does not even realize that there is another – the one that is actually her sister. She is only watching the one in front of her, and for some reason that she cannot explain, she takes a tentative step towards her.

I'm praying that this stairway leads somewhere like Heaven's door,
    and when you get there don't look down

evenstar

@[Ripley and Nostromo]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could really use a wish right now, Ripley - by Evenstar - 05-12-2019, 10:49 PM