• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I could really use a wish right now, Ripley
    remarkable boy, I do admire your courage.
    I think I'll eat your heart

It’s hard to tell whether the monsters are surprised when she manages to avoid both of their snapping jaws and gleaming, silvery sets of teeth.

They don’t really feel surprise, or frustration. Or any emotion, really. But there’s a hint of excitement when the green creature takes off into the forest. A chase. They’re so hungry now that it’s almost blinding but they can still take this small, simple pleasure in a hunt.

Neither of the pair hesitates in taking off after her. Their movements are thunderous through the forest - there’s no care for stealth now. They tear through shrubs and shred the soft earth with their hooves as their knife-wielding tails flick behind them. Although they move with something close to grace, their armoured bodies are heavy and they are nightmares on the move.

There’s some contest that slows their gain on the girl - who should get the first bite? The daughter typically wounds first but eats second. She’s smaller and faster than her mother. But it’s been too long since they’ve been fed. They both want to be the first. A short scuffle as they run, a growl from the daughter and a well-aimed strike from the mother that leaves a gash on her daughter’s neck, the acidic blood sizzling as it drops into the cool earth below, burning the plants and leaves and whatever poor worms might be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ripley wins this argument as she wins all others. Here, on the hunt, she is queen and she has not yet met any to contest her crown.

So the mother surges forward. She’s bigger and slower, but there’s more power in her and it helps her keep up the pace.

Stride after stride she gains on the girl. Ripley takes one side and Nostromo the other and once they are flanking the green child, Ripley strikes low with her jaws - trusting her armour to keep her safe from any hit from the girl’s hooves or legs as she closes her mouth on an emerald green thigh and then, once she thinks her teeth are nice and secure, Ripley skids to a stop - pulling her head down in an attempt to yank the girl with her and off her feet.

Once the girl is down, they begin.

They’re careful and quick, leaving the soft belly to avoid being struck unnecessarily by any flailing limbs. Ripley stayed near where she had first bit the green creature while Nostromo moved towards the neck. They only used their mouths for now, those rows of glinting teeth, but would slash with their tail at any movement from the girl to keep her as still as possible.

While they enjoyed the hunt, they would enjoy the feast much more.

ripley & nostromo
    XXVIII eaten to date-----

@[Evenstar]

And you have my permission to powerplay these kids in your next post(s)! They can be wherever and snacking on whatever part of Evenstar she won't miss

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I could really use a wish right now, Ripley - by Ripley - 05-31-2019, 09:35 PM