• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

will you rail against your dying day; isilya

Isilya’s already absolutely completely won over by Leliana, but that she says the words ‘that doesn’t sound boring’ in regards to the golden-skinned mare’s time spent as a tree just solidifies the growing love that she has for this stranger-friend. She’s so eager to give her heart away, to find friends that aren’t the lovely trees and vines and flowers that have been her family for a few decades.

She’s lost herself already imaging a future where they become close, bonded by this magic they share. Isilya wants to show Leliana that it doesn’t have to be frightening, that it can be wonderful and beautiful and that when the roots of it grow among their hearts and minds it’s the most lovely feeling in the world.

We’ll just gloss over the fact that Isilya is so enraptured by their magic because it’s all she has had in her life for so long. Would she revere it so much if she knew what it felt like to be in love? To be trusted enough by a friend to hold a secret? To be a mother? Her magic is her lifeline, her safety blanket, and she’s not sure what she would be like if she tries to expand past it.

She’s all warmth and smiles still, nodding at the correction to her attempt to compare the magic to Leliana’s healing, and she’s quick with encouragements. “You’ll get the hang of it, I just know it.”

Leliana says “friend” and Isilya’s golden hooves dance a little because she wants to glide forward and wrap the younger mare in the biggest hug ever but she holds herself back still - uncharacteristically uncertain and afraid of going too far. She doesn’t want to scare off her first friend! “It would be a pleasure to be your friend, Leilana, and I’ll always be happy to help you in whatever way I possibly can. I’m so glad we’ve met!”

There’s a small pause, and bright eyes shift to look around them for a moment before they are pulled back - Isilya’s dream-like smile doesn’t fade a bit though. “Perhaps you can help me out too? I don’t know anything about this new Beqanna, about the kingdoms or where might be a safe place to call home.” She feels a little guilty asking for something when she's offered so little, but she's hoping this new friendship can grow and hopes she can grow with it.

@[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: will you rail against your dying day; isilya - by Isilya - 06-07-2019, 07:19 PM