• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

truth it breaks by the night; kensa

you could break my heart in two, but when it heals, it beats for you

For years the chestnut has been a quiet feature of the alpine kingdom, unremarkable in the beginning but growing into something other. She is an object of beauty and fertility, secreted away in the mountains and known only to those who have enjoyed a chance to encounter her as she makes love to the world. Magic has changed her body, reality has changed her mind. What was once a chip of diamond glittering in the rough is now a prize jewel slowly being cut to fit a setting.

What that piece will come to be is as secret as the mind of the magician queen before her.

Leliana’s features do not waver beyond the suggestion of a wistful smile  Still waters. Kensa meets the woman’s golden eyes and holds them when they return to her after drifting towards the looking-glass around which the entire territory stands. “It does, and I should soon follow your example.”

The sabino turns her own attention out onto the land she had been gifted for a moment, once only to be a steward until the court could return. A court now crumbled almost to dust, leaving Kensa and few others standing upon the rubble.  “I would not consider myself a key player, though I do make a poor pawn.” Admitting only independence. The East is united still by the strained friendship between its 3 principals, without which it would already have caved into the decayed foundations of days past. “I appreciate your calling on me. I have heard rumors of a conflict brewing between your kingdom and Loess but not what grievance it arises from. Would you tell me?” Kensa knows only that Loess is the roost of the dragons and vipers, and that they had set into motion the events that had altered her course forever. The question is bold, but without guile. Her honesty often leaves an innocent or even foolish impression and she makes no effort to counter that. People see what they want to and she gets to know them better for it.

Kensa

@[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    truth it breaks by the night; kensa - by leliana - 05-14-2019, 12:54 AM
    RE: truth it breaks by the night; kensa - by Kensa - 05-25-2019, 07:19 PM