• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've been down with the coldest war; any

Jakub watched as the bay pegasus made his way from the water towards them, the same powerful feeling of something at works within that Jakub felt from Leliana radiated from the pegasus. Jakub had spent enough time in Beqanna and Tephra to know that feeling was magic, literal magic. He took the bay in committing him to memory and giving him a small nod.

Leliana pulled his attention back, the whites of her eyes showing something that could maybe be described as fondness. You will be promoted to Beta of Tephra. I expect you will rise further than that soon enough. she said. Gratitude found a small home in Jakub's heart, for being recognized for his actions. His stature and expressions stayed focused however as she asked him to find the other residence of Tephra and make sure they were okay.

A small golden light pulled from the ground around his queens feet and Jakub cocked his ears in curiosity as the warm light wrapped its self around his withers, pulling out the deep ache that stuck around the last few days, and smothered the blisters that were forming across his body. Jakub's eyes shined with anticipation as her magic filled him with an energy that had been slow to return and released him to get on with his job. He gave the dappled bay mare, his queen, a low, deep nod. "Thank you, Leliana. Those that are injured will be first, I promise. I will find the others and tell them how Tephra holds firm. This is our home, it is our duty to help each other rebuild and to rebuild her." With that Jakub turned to the stallion he now knew as Brennen and gave him a departing nod, "I know I can count on you to keep her safe, not that she can't hold her own." he said finding the milky white eyes of his queen on last time. Jakub could feel the familiarity between the two others pass in the space they all occupied, and with that comfort he turned towards the wooded edges of Sylva and was off.  

JAKUB

and out he came, holding his brothers heel

@[Brennen] @[leliana]
    Tephra inhabitant (Alpha)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've been down with the coldest war; any - by Jakub - 05-22-2019, 08:57 AM