• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

knock knock its the worst mom in the world :)

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

Her relationship with her mother had always been strained, to say the least. She hadn’t minded, at first, when she was always being left behind; she liked having her independence. Or at least, that’s what she told herself. When other children were being coddled and fretted over, Starsin had been free to go wherever she pleased. Even as a nearly-newborn she had been too stubborn to admit that she hated spending every night alone; she didn’t want to admit that she needed someone who so clearly did not need or want her. She had learned, perhaps a little too well, that she would rather be cold and alone than beg for love from someone that didn’t want to give it. The irreversible damage that Starlust caused was something still lodged inside of her, something still locked so tightly in her chest that not even Ophanim could touch it.

The odd spark of hope that ignited inside of her at the sight of the jade-eyed mare was quickly smothered by her own disdain for even allowing herself to feel it in the first place, and when she approaches her mother – and the incredibly young colt with her – her face is one of carefully drawn indifference. “I didn’t know you knew I lived here,” she says, her voice dripping with the saccharine sweetness she reserved for especially unpleasant situations. Starlust’s hard, jewel-like eyes lock fiercely with the cobalt-blue of her daughter’s, and all she says in her short, cool tone is, “Take him.” The white mare casts the colt a brief glance, and before the star-studded girl can protest, she is retreating.

Starsin nearly opens her mouth, nearly calls after her mother, but the hundreds of memories of doing just that immediately flood her mind, and she lets the words die on her lips. Instead, she turns her attention to her younger brother, witholding the frustrated sigh that she felt building in her chest. “Yeah, she is,” is all she says in agreement, refusing to let yet another seed of disappointment planted by her mother to blossom inside of her. It would be better that he was with her, anyway. He would have her and Ophanim, and their other children. Maybe he wouldn’t be like her.

But before that newborn hope can even gain traction, he is creating a small, glowing ball of light and it floats suspended between them before suddenly bursting. With a slow blink of her dark blue eyes, she is silent for a moment, before allowing an amused smile to spread across her lips. “Well that’s...definitely interesting. Wanna see what I can do?” She beckons him to look the other direction, and her eyes focus on a small group of cacti in the distance. Without so much as a flick of her head, she wills them to detonate. It’s a small explosion, nothing terribly loud, but it sends pieces of the plants flying. With a satisfied, side-long glance, she says, “I’m Starsin, by the way. Your sister, if you didn’t already figure that out.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[midnight]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: knock knock its the worst mom in the world :) - by Starsin - 05-25-2019, 11:13 PM