• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

knock knock its the worst mom in the world :)
    There is little to be said between the two, but much to be understood. Midnight studies the lines of sister’s face, sharp eyes noting the cold similarities between her and their mother. One day, though, the colt may understand the underlying softness in Starsin’s eyes; he may see her as she is in her most vulnerable form (calloused to the world but so sweet beneath). Perhaps they will come to an understanding. Some part of the colt that he has yet to understand hopes so.

“Yeah, but you can blow stuff up, so,” he quips, stepping after Starsin as his mouth sets in a matter-of-fact line. He brushes himself against her legs as she moves, a gentle touch tying the two together.

“I already like you more than Starlust.”

It is a quiet admittance, one he does not even realize he has offered. Starsin stops and he follows suit, settling his attention on the rock she points out. Initially, he taps it with one of his talons, then centers his mind around the smooth surface. His imagination builds a thin wall of light that glides beneath the gray - eyes closed, brow furrowed, he pictures the rock lifting from the ground and -

It shatters.

The light had sliced through the rock instead of lifting it, and now exhaustion loosens the muscles he had tensed. Midnight overexerted himself on accident. He peers up at Starsin with a frown.

“I tried,” he murmurs, then shrugs. His little head droops and he unwittingly leans into his sister’s side. “I’m tired now. Do you have a home? Are you taking me there?”

@[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: knock knock its the worst mom in the world :) - by midnight - 06-07-2019, 01:15 PM